Chap13(fall)

"Morning Mad " I passed her her coffee cup while she was getting her makeup done and checking the script once more before we head to the set

"Morning Am" she took a sip of the coffee "thank you for the coffee"

Something is wrong...she seemed way too tense "is there anything wrong? you seem tense"

"no, I'm good, thanks"

"Mad?"

"I'm good" she insisted and I didn't  persist anymore, I just left it the way it felt like something was really wrong, but it could be too personal for me to know

"O.K" 

"Actually... I was meaning to ask you something "

"hit away "

"Are you two serious about each other? "

"me and who?"

"you and Edwin " she looked fixedly at me "I tried not to talk to you about this but I just can't seem to do that"

"what's going on?"

"he is ...confused I guess "

"about? "

"Listen, Amanda, I never wanted this to happen but somehow...I think that... I might be coming in between you two"

"Madeline, can you be more clear and stop turning around? "

"he was mad at me, said that I was confusing him about his feelings for you "

"and? "

"what do you mean AND? I don't know what to do Amanda, I don't want to come between you two, I never wanted to confuse him, I swear it was just about work an-"

"there's nothing between us "

"BUT, you two are close and you both loved each other for years now "

"do you have feelings for him? "

"Aman-"

"do. you. have. feelings for him?"

"Amanda please i-"

"Just answer the question "I was waiting for her response but she looked to the side then looked down avoiding my gaze "answer me!" I insisted

"I don't know, I'm also confused" it was more of a whisper...she turned to me then with a frantic look "but I won't do anything, I swear, I'll just leave you two be, I didn't mean for any of this to happen"

"it was bound to happen, Madeline, 'cause we do love each other but not romantically .."

"no, no, Amanda i-" she started crying ruining her makeup in the process "I'm sorry i-"

"no need for sorry, actually I was going to talk to him later on about it, and I felt super sorry for having to reject him, but what must happen will happen, Madeline, so stop crying "

"But I should have never met him face to face  if only I was out of his sight  then you two would have ended up together so easily "

"and ended up by me divorcing again" I held her hands in mine "look, the two of us are in love with our old selves, we were somehow stuck in our past in each other's presence and we just can't seem to see clearly the one in front of us, he can't seem to see the new me Madeline, I managed to see the new him and I do like him ..but no strong feelings, no romantic feelings, I just feel comfortable. And somewhere along the way,  we tried to push ourselves not to miss each other once again but maybe again we were meant to miss each other because we weren't meant for each other in the first place"