Chap24(spill)

-Two weeks later-

"Congratulations "

"thank you doctor "

"Just call me Amanda, I am not here as your doctor "

"thank you...Amanda"

I turned around trying to find mister Julian who was beside me a second ago but he just disappeared before I can even realize it

So I sat at my assigned seat, playing with my phone ..looking around once in a while hoping to spot him so I can excuse myself and go back home, after wishing him good night.

The lucky ME!... I couldn't spot him at all for more than ten minutes.

"need some companion for this evening? " Edwin showed up by my side startling me

"hey! ..sure, I would love to "

"good " he pulled the chair and took a seat beside me, adding, "thought you would forget about the wedding "

"and why is that? " I asked now, locking my phone and giving him my full attention

"your wedding is  about a month or so from now, so I thought you would be drowning in a sea of tears and papers"

"oh..i took my hands off of it, my mom and Henry are somehow on the same page when it comes to everything, they don't like anything I do so they told me to just be one of the guests and just be present on the wedding day, the rest is theirs to handle "

"less pressure for you then "

"Yeah, how about you? how are you doing these days? "

"business trips "

"no wonder I didn't cross paths with you in the station "

"talking about work .. I got your letter of resignation "

"yeah "

"dad is forcing me to accept it but he's also hoping that I would refuse and just turn a blind eye on it "

"why is that? "

"he doesn't trust people easily and you gained his full trust, I guess he doesn't want to let you go but also doesn't want to force you to stay ..so it's a bit of a dilemma"

"what about you? what do YOU want to do? "

"my dad has trust issues, and I have issues of letting people go" he looked to the grass then back to me "can you not go? "

"can you take me in as a friend nothing less and nothing more ? in other words can you forget everything that is holding you back and making you super awkward with me? "

" you know that I would be lying if I said yes "

"then I would be lying if I said I can stay "

"But, I have a psychiatrist friend that maybe can help me forget "

"I'm not god, Ed"

"and I am your Ed, Amanda "

"Just what is it that you want me to do? what is it that you want me to say Ed? hm?"

"that you won't forget me "