9.

It's been a week since the wedding day. Mark didn't have the opportunity to meet Neeraj. He asked Renjun and Jeno about him since they both are in the same class as him but all he got was that Neeraj has not been coming to school since that wedding.

Did Milli's family find out that they let him and his friends in and as a punishment withdrew Neeraj out of the school since he was a part of their plan too? Or, Neeraj passed away? Several thoughts were going through Mark's mind.

When in reality, it was nothing like he thought. Neeraj was not coming to school because he was too tired due to the wedding celebrations and got indigestion problems due to eating too much. Milli and Meha, on the other hand, were not going to school because they were too tired. Meha even fell sick because of stress.

Milli and Meha were in their room. Milli got a cup of herbal tea for Meha and gave it to her. She did her sister's laundry and was just folding the newly washed clothes. She heard a knock on their room's door and turned to look. She immediately stopped what she was doing and stood up straight when she realized that the person on the door was none other than their brother, Jai.

He walked inside and cleared his throat before speaking.

Jai: Meha, ab tabiyat kaisi hai tumhari?                                                                                                                               (Meha, how do you feel?)

Meha: Pehle se thik hai bhaiya.                                                                                                                                                     (It's better than before, brother)

Meha replied to her brother's question while making eye contact with Milli.

Milli: Bhaiya, Aap ka yahan par Kaise aana hua?                                                                                                                (Brother, what brought you in our room?)

Jai: Kuch nahi...bus tum logo se Kabhi dhang se baat nahi Kari. Socha Aaj kar loon.                                      (Oh, its nothing...just never talked to you guys properly. Thought I would do it today.)

Jai smiled and sat down on Milli's bed while facing Meha and Milli. The twins smiled too. Jai's eyes landed on a bunch of sheets stapled together. He started going through them and realized that they were Milli's notes for Economics.

Jai: Milli, were you studying?

Milli: Yes, bhaiya. Kal school main tests hain humare.                                                                                                     (Yes, brother. We have a few tests tomorrow at school.)

Jai's smile suddenly disappeared. He went serious and said.

Jai: Tum Dono Apni padayi jaari rakho. Achha score karna.Thike?                                                                         (You both continue studying. Score well, okay?)

He stood up from their bed and left without saying any word. Milli held her notes and was staring at them while thinking about how their brother smiled at them. Him, smiling at them is a rare phenomenon. On the other hand, Meha was worrying about the test.

Meha: I barely studied, Milli. What am I gonna do?

Milli: Don't worry. Itna bhi hard nahi Hoga test. padayi karna shuru karde.                                                                                     (The test won't be that difficult. Start studying now.)