14.

New day, New school.

Milli and Meha were at the breakfast table eating with Neeraj and their sister-in-law, Hyejin.

Their brother was a bit busy and was having his breakfast in his room.

Hyejin: Excited for your new day?

Milli: Totally.

Milli smiled while taking a spoonful of cereals from her bowl.

Neeraj: Aish, they are gonna torture me at school too. Why do they have to go to the one where I study?

Milli: Look at how the tables have switched. You were acting all happy and excited when Aunt asked you about it.

Neeraj: Sunn, Mummy ke samne karna padta hai.
(Listen, I had to do it in front of Mom.)

Hyejin was smiling while looking at Milli and Neeraj bickering like every other sibling. She then noticed that Meha was acting really quiet.

Hyejin: What happened, Meha? You didn't answer my question.

Meha: Oh, sorry! I'm excited too.

Meha passed her sister-in-law a fake smile and continued eating her breakfast.

After breakfast, Neeraj drove them to school. He usually doesn't but since he had to speak about Meha and Milli's admissions, he thought that he should drop them. He got out of the administration room and handed Milli and Meha their schedule.

Jai: School me Dhyan dena. Ab achha karna. Mujhe vapis disappoint mat karna. I do not hate you guys. I just want everything well for you. I can't let you live like how I lived.
(Focus on school. Do well. Don't disappoint me again.)

Milli and Meha nodded. Jai left them and drove to his workplace in his car. Neeraj wrapped his arms around their shoulders and said while smiling.

Neeraj: Chale? Tumhe class main chodkar khud ki class main bhi Jaana Hai.
(Shall we go? I have to go to my class after dropping you.)

Neeraj dropped them in front of the class and wished them luck.

Milli was about to turn to Meha and ask her to go together. But before she could do that, Meha opened the door and walked inside.

Mark pov:

It was my first class in the morning. Maths class. God, I suck at it but somehow get myself doing it to get into college. Our Maths teacher was explaining to us the concept of Trigonometry.

As I was solving the sample question which our teacher gave, I heard the class door opening. I didn't bother to look up and see who it was.

Teacher: Students, we have two new people who would be joining us from now on. Be nice and help them around, yeah? I shouldn't hear any complaints about bullying or anything like that.

Our maths teacher warned us and everyone agreed in unison. Even I said yes, but without looking up to check the new students.

Teacher: Okay, kids. Introduce yourself to your classmates. Let's start with the older twin.

"Hey, guys! I'm Milli Roy."

I dropped my pen on my notebook and looked up. It was indeed Milli...The Milli that I knew.

Milli: I hope we'll get along well.

Milli ended her introduction with a smile on her face. Everyone started clapping. I joined them too.

Meha then introduced herself.

Meha: Hello, Everyone. I'm Meha. It's nice to meet you guys.

Meha's introduction was very short and simple. She didn't even smile while introducing herself. Everyone kinda just got awkward cause she seemed like she didn't want to be here at the first place. I started clapping after she introduced herself since I knew her. The other classmates joined me out of courtesy.

Teacher: Okay, so. Milli? Why don't you go and sit with Mark?

Milli made eye contact with me. We both smiled and she came walking up to me and sat right next to me.

Mark: What are you doing here? Why did you join our school?

I asked with curiosity. Milli just smiled and said.

Milli: You needed my help with your project, right? That's why I joined this school to help you.

I just giggled a little when she said that.

Mark: But, no, seriou-

I was cut off while speaking by our teacher.

Teacher: Seems like you guys know each other already, huh?

I just grew silent while Milli responded.

Milli: We met each other at a wedding actually...

She said to the teacher before turning towards me to pass a smile.

Teacher: Okay, I see. And Meha...you should sit with Dino. Dino? Stand up or raise your hand.

My classmate and also a friend of mine, Dino, stood up. Meha walked up to him and stopped. He just smiled at her but she didn't.

Meha: Can you move aside? You are blocking my seat.

Dino's smile faded quickly.

Dino: Oh, sorry!

He moved aside quickly and gave her way.

She sat on her seat without even thanking him.

Mark: Hey, what happened to your sister?

I whispered to Milli. She looked at her and replied.

Milli: She didn't want to transfer schools. Just give her some time. She'll get used to it.

I nodded and continued studying.

Fast forward.

Our maths class was over. And I asked Milli for her schedule. I told her that it was to help her to take her to her classes. But, truthfully, it was also to check which all classes we have in common...

Mark: Oh, wow! We have the same subjects!

Milli: Yeah? That's great!!

Our next period was the library period where we go and read novels. But most of the people do everything except reading novels during our library period. In my and my friends case, we get together and study.

I took Milli and Meha to the library. There we met all of the other kids. They all were really surprised to see the two of them. We all sat down together but before we could talk, Jaemin and Jeno dragged me with them to help with their project research work. I excused myself and went to help them.