17.

After lunch was over, the rest of the day was free for all the students. By free the school meant that all the students should focus on the upcoming cultural festival activities or their club activities, instead of slacking off and wasting their time.

Mark took Milli to their club room. The Film club room. Mark made the club with his friends because he liked films and enjoyed making them. The school required each club to have at least 6 members. His friends got his back and joined his club of which he is the president.

Milli entered the room and expected it to be very lavish but dear she was wrong...
That room was everything but lavish. It was a bit old and messy as well. There were film making props kept around at different places in the room.

Mark: How'd you like it?

Milli turned towards Mark and said.

Milli: Very interesting!

Mark immediately could tell that Milli was lying to not break his heart. He was going to explain to her their situation but Jaemin prompted her before he could do that.

Jaemin: Noona, come have some cake.

Milli: Ooh, cake? I love cake! What kind is it?

Milli sat down on the empty chair opposite to him and next to Mark. He pushed the Cake towards her and said.

Jaemin: Its Chocolate and Vanilla Marble cake. I made this!!!

Milli took a bite and was left in awe.

Milli: This cake is so good! Are you planning to become a baker just by any chance?

Jaemin: Well, yeah...I mean, I enjoy baking but my parents want me to go to a cooking school rather than a baking one.

Jaemin expression changed to a slightly disappointing one. Milli noticed it and cheered him up.

Milli: Why do you worry? You should start baking after graduating from cooking school. In this way, you and parents will both be happy!

Jaemin smiled and nodded.

Renjun: Noona, have some tea as well! This tea was made by him too!

Milli: Thank you! This place must be a very cool hang out spot for you guys. Am I right?

Jisung: Kind of. As long as Mark hyung is not here.

Jisung said while grabbing a chip out of the snacks bowl. Everyone burst out laughing not realising that Mark was standing right behind Milli. Mark cleared his throat.

Mark: I'm still here guys.

Everyone started to control themselves from laughing. Mark went to his seat and started speaking.

Mark: Guys, so we have a new member of our club. We all already know her so I guess there is no need for Introduction. She is gonna be the vice president of our club.

Mill was shocked. She thought that Mark was kidding and just started laughing whereas Haechan and Chenle went Berserk.

Haechan: Hyung!! I thought I was the vice president of this club. We have been best friends for a very long time. You can't do this to me!

Chenle: Hyung, I thought I was the Vice President. I got so many props arranged for our club. How could you do this to me?

Mark: Oh, wait! Haechan, just because I have known you the longest doesn't mean that I'm gonna make you the vice president. And Chenle, I acknowledge the fact that you got props arranged for us but we all paid you. Don't act like you were the one who took care of all the expenses.

Mark chided Chenle and Haechan who started pouting.

Milli got uncomfortable seeing the two of them like this.

Milli: Mark, why are you making me the Vice President? I'm just a newcomer. These guys have been with you since the club started, right? You started this club with them, not me...

Mark: Yes, I know that, Milli. But they all don't understand is that we both are gonna be out of this school in a few months. They will be left with taking care of this club. I want them to take care of this club well and for that, they need a role model. I know I can be one but I believe they need one more person to idolize. I think that person is you. You seem like someone who is gonna take care of this club well...

Milli: You know, to be honest, this seems like a really tough job. I will love to be the vice president but I believe that there are other members who are more deserving.

Milli said while looking at the other members.

Mark: Does anybody have a problem with Milli being our club's vice president? If yes, then kindly raise your hand. The majority is gonna win.

Jeno, Jaemin, Jisung and Renjun seemed to be on Milli's side. Chenle eventually sided with her too, followed by Haechan.

Mark: So, I guess this is final that Milli is our club's vice presi-

Before Mark could complete his sentence, he was cut off by Dino. He opened the door and was breathing heavily to catch his breath. It seemed like he was running.

Dino: Sorry to disturb your club meeting like this guys! I just came here to drop Meha. She said that she wants to join the club that her sister was joining.

Mark cleared his throat a bit and then asked Meha.

Mark: You wanna join the film club, Meha?

Milli smiled seeing that she was gonna be in the same club as her sister.

Milli: The more, the merrier, isn't it?

Milli asked Mark while smiling. Mark just smiled a little back at her before turning back to Meha.

Meha: Yeah, I would join this club. But, are you guys having a meeting right now? Cause I don't wanna attend. I have many things on my plate right now...

Mark: It's really not something too important. You can attend our meeting some other time.

Meha left the room.

Jeno: How come she seems so busy when it is the first day of our school?

Milli: She is probably gonna study. That's all.