10.

Milli turned around to look at the person who called her name. Her eyes widened when she saw who that person was.

It was Mark...

Milli: What are you doing here, Mark?

Mark: I came here looking for you.

He said with hope in his eyes. Milli and Meha were both confused by his action.

Meha: How did you know that we go to this school?

Mark: Your brother, Neeraj, told me. We study at the same school, remember? He is in the same class as Renjun and Jeno.

Meha: Ye Neeraj ki to kher nahi.
(I'll deal with Neeraj.)

Milli calmed her sister down and asked her to be quiet.

Milli: What brought you here, Mark?

Mark: Uhm...I-I have to talk to you about something. It's urgent...you know.

Milli: Okay, I am listening.

Milli shook her head a little in agreement and indicated that Mark should go on.

He scratched the back of his neck. And looked at Meha while saying.

Mark: It's something private...

Milli turned her head towards her sister. Meha just sighed and said.

Meha: Okay, Fine. Where are you two talking? I'll just be standing at a distance, waiting for you two to finish as Milli and I are getting late.

Milli: Meha, you go. I'll see you at home. Just tell that I had to stay at school because of some work.

Meha: Fine, whatever. As you wish.

Meha just walked away leaving the two of them on their own.

Before Milli could say anything to Mark, he cut her words and asked.

Mark: Can we talk somewhere else? I know a place. The park behind your school.

Milli: Okay, let's go.

They both arrived at the Park. The park was pretty much empty except a few couples spending quality time with each other. Milli and Mark spotted an empty bench and went sat on it.

Milli laid her school bag on her lap and asked.

Milli: So, Mark, How may I help you?

She said while smiling. Mark found himself panicking and started scratching the back of his neck.

Mark: Oh..Uhh... The thing is...that-

Mark stopped talking as Milli, out of the blue, held his face and lowered it. He was flustered and was about to ask her what she was doing but before he could ask, Milli went on.

Milli: Do you have a rash or something? Why do you keep scratching the back of your neck?

Milli asked with a worried tone. Mark quickly let go from her grasp and sat up straight. He said while preventing himself from scratching the back of his neck.

Mark: I just do that when I'm nervous. That's it. I really don't have a rash. At least, that's what I think...

Milli: Alright, but why are you nervous? We have met before too, right? Just chill and speak whatever is up in your mind.

Mark: Yeah, regarding that. I-I..
Uhm...

Milli: MARK!!! Chillax. I'm not a monster. Why are you stuttering so much while talking to me? You did not act like this when we first met.

Mark: Sorry. Sorry, that I made you feel like a monster. You are definitely not one. It's just that I need your help.

Milli: Help? With what?

Mark, without thinking much spilt out the words.

Mark: Will you help me with my sociology project? My topic is Indian Society: Culture and Beliefs.

Milli went silent for a moment and was staring right into his eyes. Mark was really flustered and wanted to avoid making eye contact with her but he feared that Milli knew he was lying. There was no such project given to him at school. He just said so because he wanted to be in contact with her and thought that this was the only way of doing so without letting Milli suspect.

Milli: That's it? Is this what all you wanted to say to me?

Mark: Yeah...What else would it be?

Milli: Then why did you say that it had to be in private? And why were so nervous while asking me for help?