Prologue

It was a warm summer's evening in Gravity Falls Oregon. Dipper and Mabel sat at the top of a hill with a perfect view down into the valley where the sleepy little town they had called home for so many months now lay. It was the night before their 13th birthday, and the day after it, they would be on their way back home. Both of them therefore were feeling pretty nostalgic. But they didn't try to show it.

"And then I said to Grenda, it's probably not a good idea to eat that many sprinkles all at once," said Mabel, "Trust me, after that whole stickers thing, I learned my lesson."

Dipper laughed, "Well, I'm sure glad you stopped having sleepovers at the shack cause that sounds like one insane sleepover at Candy's."

The two sat there for a while, starring down at the town in the sunset light.

"Man, Gravity Falls looks amazing at dusk, doesn't it, Dipper?" said Mabel.

"It sure does," said Dipper, as he sighed.

"I don't know. You just don't get the same feeling of amazement when you're in it as you get when you're looking at Gravity Falls from a distance. You're just left wondering what adventures await you down below," he added.

"You know Dipper," said Mabel, "I was thinking. What do you think has happened in Gravity Falls that we've missed? Like significant little moments that we were never there to see, or stories we've never told each other."

Dipper looked over to his sister, "I honestly don't know, Mabel," he said, "I mean, I'm sure what happens with everyone else is not as amusing as what happened to us. And if we had stories, we haven't told each other, there most likely is a reason why."

"I guess you're right. But who knows? Maybe not much happened when we weren't around," Mabel said.

"Yeah, maybe. Hey, it's getting pretty late. You wanna start walking back home? I'm sure if we're not back soon, Grunkle Stan and Ford are gonna call the national guard or something to find us," Dipper said.

Mabel laughed, "Oh, you bet they will. Also, do I have a story to tell you on the way back home."

Mabel began telling Dipper her other story as they walked back to the Mystery Shack. The question of what they missed out on this summer still lingered in the back of their minds. They thought not much else had happened. But what Dipper and Mabel didn't know was that Gravity Falls has many untold stories. Little ones. Short little stories that are still left to tell. And even both of them have tales they'd rather not tell each other. Plus, events that are yet to happen and others that happened long before they were even born.

But that's where I come in. The mysterious (and very socially awkward) author. Let's look into the past, present, and even the future, and explore a few of these little tales, too short to be their own stories, but just long enough that they do not deserve to be left untold and lost to time.

But not recognized as canon by Alex Hirsch (I wonder if he's read my tweets?).

Art by lucasschneiderartblog on Tumblr