Story 3: The Dust Bunny Problem

Summary: While cleaning their room, Dipper and Mabel make an unusual discovery under their beds.

"Ugh, for the hundredth time Dipper, wash your clothes," yelled Mabel as she swept them under his bed with a broom.

"Why you picking on my laundry?!" yelled back Dipper, "Your scratch and sniff stickers make this place smell like a farmer's market in the middle of a mall!"

A farmer's market still smells better than your laundry!" yelled Mabel.

The twins were spending the day cleaning their room up and had hit a stalemate on who's side smelled more.

Mabel pushed the last of Dipper's dirty laundry under his bed.

"Look, either you do your laundry or I'm gonna..."

Mabel's sentence was interrupted when one of Dipper's dirty shirts flew up from under the bed and landed on her face.

"Ahhh get it off. GET IT OFF!" she yelled as she threw it at Dipper.

"Are you okay?" he said.

"Yeah. Why did you throw that at me?" she replied.

"I didn't. It came from under my bed," Dipper said.

At that moment, one of Mabel's scratch and sniff stickers flew out from under her bed.

"That's odd," she said.

Mabel looked under her bed and gasped.

"Uh Dipper, you might wanna look at this."

Dipper sat down and looked under her bed. He gasped too.

There, under her bed, was a bunch of dust bunnies picking up her stickers and putting them into a pile.

"Alright boys, we're almost done. We'll have this place smelling bad in no time, and then..."

The lead dust bunny looked over and saw the twins looking at them.

"The giants! They've found us!" he yelled.

The dust bunnies yelled and ran around. Some began throwing the stickers at Dipper and Mabel.

"Hey, stop that! We just wanna talk!" yelled Dipper.

The leader bunny blew a whistle and all the other bunnies came to a halt.

"Oh. Why didn't you say so? We thought you had come to eat us. My name's Kevin. Leader of Bunny tribe six one seven."

"We also are known as dust bunny boys," said one Bunny.

"Quiet Steve!" yelled Kevin.

"So, uh, what are you doing throwing stickers away?" asked Mabel.

"Oh, it's quite simple. We can't stand the smell of them. You giants keep throwing them under here into our homes. We can't bare the smell," said Kevin.

"See, I told you," said Dipper.

Mabel rolled her eyes.

"So, if you don't like the smell of stickers, what do you like?" he asked.

"We prefer the smell of the things you call, "dirty laundry." We'd normally get some from under the other bed. But we've been stopped by the tribe that lives under there," said Kevin.

"Wait there's a tribe of living dust bunnies under my bed too?" said Dipper, "Hold up."

Dipper walked over to his bed and looked under it.

"Uh hello. Any dust bunnies under here?"

"We prefer the term dust bunny clan," said a voice.

Dipper watched as a bunch of dust bunnies wearing pen caps walked into view. The tallest one came foreword to him.