Story 21: Enter the Hirsch

Summary: This is a different story to the other ones. This story is based off both real and made up events. This story follows Gravity Falls creator Alex Hirsch on a series of events one evening when his show gets renewed for a 2nd season. It's different, bizarre, but one story I really hope you'll enjoy.

March 13th, 2013

Gravity Falls main production offices at Disney Television Animation in Glendale, California

"Guess who has two thumbs and just got picked up for a second season?"

*Tweet sent*

"Alright then, if that covers it all, then I guess we're done."

The room cheered with applause as the people at the meeting got up and celebrated. It was a joyous occasion indeed as Gravity Falls, Disney Channel's newest and rapidly successful cartoon, had just been picked up for a second season.

But while many of the people at the meeting were celebrating and excited, there was one man who wasn't as much as the others. As Alex Hirsch walked out of that meeting, the success of his creation was the last thing on his mind. Making sure it stayed true to his vision was what he really was nervous of.

"Hey Alex!" yelled someone from a desk, "You're wanted in the writer's room."

"On it," he replied.

"Alex!" yelled another member of the team as she passed by, "The Deep End is airing in like two days and S&P needs your input on some last-minute adjustments."

Alex sighed, "Can it wait until later tonight? I've got a meeting with the writers right now."

"Eleven the latest Hirsch!" she said as she left to let them know.

Alex sighed as he walked into the writer's room where his team was waiting.

"Thanks for being here after hours again," said Alex.

"Uh, Alex?" said Zach Paez, one of the writers, "We still have another two hours before quitting time."

Alex facepalmed, "Sorry. I...I'm just running on barely four hours of sleep right now." He grabbed himself a coffee, took a sip and then continued, "I'm sure you heard the exciting news. The show got picked up for a second season."

The writers all clapped in excitement. Alex forced a smile before telling them to quiet down.

"We got a long road ahead of us. Especially since you guys...and only you guys know that this season will be the last. Now, I don't want anyone telling that to anyone else until it's appropriate. The last thing I need is thousands of fans begging me to rethink without knowing why it's ending."

The writers all nodded.

"Okay then. I asked you all to come up with ideas we may use for the second season. Lay them on me."

The writers all stood up and took turns saying their ideas.

"How about for the season premiere, we have Dipper and Mabel discovering a major clue that will help them find the author?"

"Hmm," said Alex, "Well, maybe we could start with a minor detail, but not something major. Given how long I feel this hiatus will be, we need to bring fans back into the action and reintroduce the characters, not throw a major hint. Though, I'd keep that for consideration."

Another writer stood up, "How about in episode one of season two, we have the twins battle some sort of major threat which makes Stan acknowledge that he knows Gravity Falls is a weird place."