Final Author's Note

Hey guys,  That GF FAN here (Obviously).

So, 22 Short Stories from Gravity Falls ended yesterday. Thank you so much for reading all 22 short stories I wrote in this project. And if not, they're all out now so you can check them out now. It took over half a year of planning, writing and ideas in order for this project to this point. Truth was, it wasn't easy writing 22 stories. Even ones based off of scrapped episodes like story 18 and 22 weren't easy either as I still needed to make up a plot for them that worked.

Obviously with so many stories, there were some scrapped ones. And by some, quite a few. Originally, I planned to write 30 stories but, in the end, I wanted to stick to my inspiration which was The Simpsons episode 22 short films about Springfield. Unlike other stories, I wrote all those ideas down. Here they are.

Story ideas that didn't make it in

Couch of terror: Bill goes shopping for a new sofa.

Tax Evasion: Stan tricks the IRS again.

Another obsession: Dipper and Ford discover another thing they have in common.

Don't try this at home: Dipper and Mabel try to do a stunt they saw on TV!

Pig life: What does Waddles do when he's home alone? (based off of Home Alone)

All Nighter: Alex Hirsch tries to write an episode in 48 hours.

Identity Mark: Dipper learns that his birth mark is not actually a birth mark, but a gag that Mabel's been pulling on him for his whole life.

Bad Habits: Fearing for his life and health, Mabel tries to help Stan quit smoking. At the same time, seeing she's not looking well herself; Dipper tries to help Mabel eat healthier. And at that same time, Stan tries to help Dipper stop chewing pens before he consumes too much ink.

Update: Bad Habits has now been written as a part of the Adoption AU, created by Marehami and Keleficent. It's similar to the original idea, but now it's Stan and Mabel trying to help each other overcome there bad habits, the Dipper part has been cut out, and oh yeah, it's set in that AU rather than in GF canon. You can read it on here or over on my fanfiction.net and/or AO3 page.

Soft: Stan hosts a party with some of his toughest friends visiting. But Dipper and Mabel are home too. And soon Stan has to let his tough guy image fall in order to help his kids.

Mabel and the Clones: Mabel pays a visit to her two other twin brothers in the forest.

Sleep tight: Mabel tries to help Dipper and Ford get a full night's sleep.

History Travel: Mabel gets Belndin's help to solve a history question she and Ford can't agree on.

Joy Ride Blues: Mabel and Wendy take the golf cart for a joy ride but things go wrong. Now they must get McGucket's help to fix it before they get caught by Stan.

Synth sweater: Mabel's newest sweater takes Gravity Falls back 30 years. Soon she finds herself back in her favourite decade, the 80's. But one can only handle so much 80's.

Something: Dipper and Mabel go looking for something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and something supernatural. While this story was written, the original plan was that the twins lose all the items and a newly wed couple helps them out by visiting the shack.

Here's a small segment to the story Joy Ride Blues which I began writing but gave up on after the idea just fell apart

"All set Mabel?" asked Wendy

"You bet I am! Those nitro boosters you said Soos installed should really give the golf cart a boost," said Mabel.