Story 14: The Time I Trucked Up

Summary: When Soos's pickup truck gets stolen, it's up to Grunkle Stan and Ford to get it back, mafia style. Inspired by episode 2 of The Sopranos.

"Oh, come on, where is he?!" yelled Stan.

"He'll be here soon Mr. Pines," said Wendy.

"I know," he replied, "But it's not like Soos to be this late."

At that moment, Soos walked in. He looked very tired.

"Soos?" said Stan, "Where have you been? You're nearly an hour late!"

"I'm sorry Mr. Pines," said Soos, "I'm just having a bad morning."

"What happened?"

"My truck got stolen last night, and I had to walk to work today. I got chased by a squirrel too."

"Oh, Soos, I'm so sorry," said Wendy.

"How did that happen?" said Stan.

"I don't know," replied Soos, "I...I'm just not in a good mood. Anyways, what do you want me to do today Mr. Pines?"

Stan paused for a second. He could tell Soos really was heartbroken. And he could get why. He'd known Soos for over 10 years now and still remembered the day he got that truck. Seeing his best employee be so hurt, hurt him too.

"How about you take the day off Soos," he replied, "Until you get this all settled."

"But I came into work just to take my mind off it, Mr. Pines," replied Soos, "Please give me something to do."

Stan thought for a second until an idea hit him.

"Okay," he said, "I have a few things to do today so, do you think you can keep an eye on the place and the kids until they go to bed? I maybe late."

"Uh, okay," said Soos. While confused, he felt better knowing Stan wanted him to work longer today. While for others it would be the last thing they'd want to hear, for him, it made this already bad day a bit better.

"Okay, I'll see you both later," said Stan.

"See ya Mr. Pines," said Wendy and Soos.

An hour later, Stan and Ford, who he dragged with him on his outing, were on the road.

"Okay, can you run by me again what's going on and why it involves me?" Ford said.

"It's simple," said Stan, "Someone stole Soos's truck. He feels awful about it."

"But what does that have to do with us going to Portland?"

"Shut up and let me explain!" yelled Stan. "I've got a friend who owns a car repair shop there. I called him up to see if he's seen a truck with the same license plate that was on Soos'."

"And?"

"While it didn't come to him, he made a few calls and called back to tell me he does have a buddy who did have a truck with those plates pass through his shop."

"And we're going to Portland to talk to him?" asked Ford.

"No," said Stan, "The truck had long left by the time he got the call. But he did tell him that the driver had a uniform on from Buckstars."

"Buckstars?" said Ford.

"It's an overpriced coffee chain," said Stan, "Popular with the youth. I don't why. They're coffee always tastes like it's burnt. Anyways, the nearest one is in Portland. So, we're going there to ask them who the thief was."