Story 13: The Most Boring Fanfic Ever

Summary: As the title says, it's the most boring Gravity Falls fanfic ever...I think.

Dipper and Mabel woke up one morning in their hometown of Piedmont. It was spring break.

"Morning Dipper."

"Morning Mabel."

The two brushed their teeth, got changed and went downstairs.

"Huh, looks like it's too windy outside to do anything," said Dipper.

"Wanna just stay indoors and watch TV?" suggested Mabel.

"Sure, why not."

The two walked over to the couch and sat down. Dipper began channel surfing.

"Oh hey, there's a show on about different car parts," he said as the show began.

A man walked into the screen and started talking from a list.

"Wheel, hubcap, combustion chamber, spare tire, timing belt, uh...left back seat cup holder..."

"This is boring," said Mabel.

"Well, it's Tuesday morning," said Dipper, "Nothing but this and infomercials are on."

"How about Cartoon Station?" said Mabel.

"Some preschool show on right now?"

"Mickelodeon?"

"same."

"Disney Channel?"

"Mabel!" yelled Dipper, "Don't break the fourth wall!"

"Oops," she replied, "I mean, Eisney Channel?"

Dipper sighed, "Just some dumb teen sitcom that they assume is a representation of all teens."

Mabel sighed, "I think I'm just gonna go read a book."

"Yeah, whatever," said Dipper, "I'm gonna go work on that model plane."

The two spent an hour upstairs in their room doing their respective activities.

"Should I paint this dark grey or light grey?" asked Dipper.

"Try mixing both to make a medium grey," said Mabel.

"Genius. It looks good on it."

Dipper finished up his model and then turned his attention to Mabel.

"What's you reading there?"

"Just a book."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, really," said Mabel, "That's literally the name of the book!"

"Oh. So, what's it about?"

"Just some girl who lives with her dad who's an accountant and spends her time counting things in her house and reading her dad's tax returns. It's as boring as it sounds."

"Okay."

Dipper then looked out of the window.

"Great, now it's raining."

"It's March Dipper. What do you expect?"

"Hopefully it won't be this bad during the summer."

"Like you'll even care," said Mabel, "First day of summer and you'll be playing video games until Labor Day."

"Oh hey, that's a good idea. Play some video games."

"But didn't mom and dad ground you because you were up all night on Sunday?"

"Oh, yeah," said Dipper.

"So, now what?" asked Mabel.

"I don't know actually. We really do have very boring lives, don't we?"

"Yeah. Maybe mom and dad will finally take us somewhere this year. Like maybe to see Great Uncle Stan in that town in Oregon. What's it called again...Grubity Flu?"

"I think it's called Gravity Falls." Said Dipper,

"What an odd name for a town. What even does that mean?"

"I don't know. And I also don't know about Stan, he seems like a very shady guy."

"Eh," said Mabel, "Better than another summer cooped up in here."

"I'd prefer to just stay here playing video games to be honest."

"Well, duh...you would."

Dipper rolled his eyes.

The two then spent the remainder of the day working on a 1,000-piece puzzle.

"You know when mom and dad get back?" asked Mabel.

"Mom's working late today and I think dad is too," said Dipper.

"Great, then who's gonna feed us?"

"Mabel, we're twelve. We can do that ourselves. How about we just make a-"

"Wanna just order a pizza using the rainy-day money?"

"Yeah, sure."

The two then ordered a pizza, ate it and then watched some boring movie on the boring movie channel.

"Well," said Mabel as she finished eating her 8th slice of pizza, "This is officially the most boring day of my life."

"I'd say it's the fourth most boring," said Dipper, "remember last month?"

"Oh yeah. At least today we had a pizza rather than day old oatmeal soup. Please never make that again."

"Given not even the cat ate any, I promise."

They finished watching the movie and then got ready for bed.

Dipper walked out of the bathroom to check on the paint on his model plane. Mabel wasn't in bed though.

"Mabel?"

He walked downstairs to find Mabel pouring herself a glass of milk.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Just having some milk and cookies before bed," said Mabel, "You want some?"

Dipper shrugged, "Yeah sure, why not."

Mabel poured him a glass of milk and gave him two cookies.

"Cheers," the two said as the drank their milk.

"Hey," said Dipper.

"What?" replied Mabel.

"You have a milk moustache."

"So, do you."

The two of them laughed as they ate their cookies and then after washing up, went upstairs for bed.

"Night Dipper."

"Night Mabel."

Dipper turned the light to their room off and the twins both went to bed. Not realizing at all that in less than 3 months, they're lives would become anything but boring.

That could make for a great TV show you know ; )