Old Friend

Tenya must have noticed me acting weird around Ochako. We have a history, and it's pretty hard not to act weird. He pulled me over later, away from everyone else to ask about it.

"Hey, you good?"

"Uh, yeah. Why?"

"Well, you seem like you don't like Uraraka. She say something to you?"

"Oh, no! It's not like that, it's just.. well.. difficult."

"Tell me about it."

I look at him. I've never told him about what she did to me? I've knew him for so long, I had to have told him once. I look in his eyes. I need to tell him. He's trustworthy.

"When I was in elementary school, Uraraka and I went to the same school. We were best friends. Neither of us had our quirk, and people hated us for it, but we didn't care. We were thicker than theives. We could take on the world together. Until the year she got her quirk. We were at school when it happened. She dropped her pencil in the floor, and when she went to pick it up, her desk started floating. We all looked at her. No one in our class had a quirk like that, so it was either her or me. She looked at me, moved her hands a certain way, and BAM. Right on the floor. The class was stunned, even the teacher. She asked Ochako if she meant to do that, knowing she didn't yet have her quirk, and she said no. After that day, other people started hanging out with her and ignoring me. Then, I was the quirkless loser. I'd try talking to her, but it was no use. There wasn't any reason to anyway. After that, I moved to your school. We became friends and I eventually got my quirk."

I looked at him. I figured he would have dosed off by now, but he was still as intrigued as he was when he brought me over here.

"That's why you were nervous near her. I just thought you were a lesbian for her or something like that."

"You could tell I was nervous??"

"Well, yeah. But Midoriya and Uraraka don't know you that well so-" he stopped," Uraraka acted like she just met you. Did she forget you that easily?"

"I guess.."

"Wait, I didn't mean to make you feel bad."

"You're ok. Thanks for understanding me."

I must have gotten emotional because I hugged him. It was a tight hug, but not too tight. He was shocked at first, but then hugged back.

We both headed home and promised not to tell Uraraka about my past.

Back home, I thought.
Why did I hug him? I wasn't controlling myself, and I just did.. I hope I didn't freak him out or anything. Do I like him? No, he's just a friend..
Just a friend, right?