Girl-Friends

"You're saying he likes me!?" I sputter. "Mei Hatsume! I would expect a smarter response then that! You're crazy!"
My face is pinker than her hair. He clearly was talking about someone else. He had to be! I would never be his type. Then I started thinking. Who else would've asked him to that dance? Who else would've been herself with him until later on when he declined? Who else was there... but me?

"Y/n l/n. I hope you realize what's happening. You're either in denial or oblivious. There is no in between." She said, arms crossed and smiling in victory.

"I just.. why me?"

"You are his best female friend, aren't you?"

"Well yeah, but so is Uraraka. She could be 'her'.."

She looks at me, her smile fading. "Listen, It has to be you.. who else would it be? Uraraka wasn't there in 7th grade with you guys, was she? Neither were any other girls that go here. Just you and Iida. Stop being so down on yourself girl, you got this!" Her face perked up, "You're a special one. I'll tell you that."

She was so fricken sweet to me sometimes. It was like we had been best friends since birth. She always smiled around me, I had never noticed it until now, but she used to be saddish. As if she were lonely. Something made her talk to me.. but what?

"Y/n..?" She was waving her hand in front of my face. I zoned out.

"Huh? Oh. Sorry Mei.. I.. I have to go. See you tomorrow?"

"Oh, yeah! Bye bye!" She smiled like she does. The closed-But-still-So-happy smile she has.

God some days I question my sexuality.

~~~~~~~time skip my lads~~~~~~

He likes me, he likes me not, he likes me, he likes me not, he likes me, he likes me not.. he likes me..?

I drop the last petal on the ground.  I look at it, sinking fastly, but yet so slowly. The pink-white flower is one from my vase. I never noticed until now how many petals are on the, how much detail they have. I love them. They're really pretty.

I go back to me corner. I've been so stressed lately all I do is think. I need to just let go. Let it all flow out in a song.

I never wanted a lot from you.
I never wanted us to be together.
I didn't want love, I didn't want friends, I didn't want you.

I always wanted you happy.
I always wanted you put before me.
I wanted life, I wanted comfort, maybe even joy.

But here we are.. a story that goes on and on. I never seem to stop. Grades before this, years before this.

Now it hurts when you love me.

I go on and on, writing in my book. It all just comes out. It's all my emotions, all my stress, all my confusion. Just a big song. I hate writing songs usually; I can't ever get it right. Something changed today. It wasn't forced. It just.. worked.

I took a break, realizing this song was very long. I decided it was time to get some air. I texted uraraka, thinking about our past. I wanted to make things right, get that out of the back of my mind.

"Hey Uraraka, how are you?"
"Oh, hey l/n, I'm good, you?"
"I'm good. You busy?"
"No, why?"
"I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out"
"Oh, sure! :)"
"Does the mall sound good?"
"Yeah! Meet you there at 5:25?"
"Sure :)!"

I put on a better shirt than the one I had on. It was a f/c shirt with two white stripes on the sleeve. I put on some blue jeans and headed out.

"Where are you going?" My mom asked.
"To the mall with Uraraka."
"Oh ok. Just be careful, ok?"
"Ok mom. Love you!"
"You too sweetie!"
I closed the door and walked towards the mall.

We ended up buying tons of stuff. I even found a present mic shirt (he was, and still is, my favorite hero when I was younger). We finally sit down to eat. I get some hibachi chicken, she gets some soba.
"I heard Todoroki loves this stuff."
She says, putting some up to her mouth.
"I don't know much about Todoroki. He's really mysterious. I'll admit, he is a little cute, but I don't like him, y'know?"

"Me too! I think he is cute, I just think Mido- someone is cuter than he is."
"ooOooo does someone have a crush?" I say, smirking a little.
"N-No!"
"I think you forgot something about me" I say, as she looks at me.
"Don't you dARE!"
"I wILL!!"
"Y/N I WILL FLOAT YOU!"
We both started giggling; we were still so close as friends it seemed. I didn't spend much time with her, but I liked all the time that I did.

We ended up going home early, it was hot and getting hotter. I totally forgot to ask her if she remembered me. It doesn't matter though. I'll do it tomorrow.