Rejected

School is the worst. Especially Elementary school, when everyone else has their quirks. Getting your quirk late was as bad as not having one at all. When people look at you and ask, "what's your quirk?" And you answer with "I don't have one yet," you might as well give up on having any friends. Unless you meet someone else who's quirkless.

>Flashback<

"Hello, I'm Ochaco! Who are you?" A girl said to me. I turned around. It was a brown haired girl with pigtails in a pink dress. "I'm Y/N, nice to meet you."
This girl seemed nice by just meeting her. "So what's your quirk?" She said. And there it went, the nice friendship I thought we'd have went away like poof. "I don't have mine, yet" I said, looking away ashamed. "You don't have a quirk either?" She said, happily. "Either?" I responded. She perked up, "Yeah! I don't have my quirk yet, but I will! No one wants to be friends because I'm not cool enough for them. But I will get a quirk and show them!"

>Present<

Ochaco Uraraka, my first and only friend of elementary school. We were the two quirkless kids. Of course there were other quirkless ones, but we were connected. My best friend.

Until middle school. I moved away. The reason is hard to explain. I was alone. A quirkless nobody, all alone.

>Flashback<

I'm new here. I know none of these people. They don't know I'm quirkless. They don't know about me. They don't even know my name. That's good though. No one will call me out. No one will leave me on if they're never with me. Nothing is bad. "Y/N please come to my desk." The teacher wants me, on no. Did I already break a rule? Is this about my quirk? Did someone already find out?
"You're locker number is 274, you'll need to put your stuff in it so you're not carrying it all day. I'll get someone to show you."

"Oh, there's no need I'll be-"

"Tenya, please show Y/N where their locker is"

"Eh, yes ma'am!"

I looked at him. Normal, blue haired boy. Looking up and down his body I noticed something. His legs had pipes? Probably something with his quirk.

He took me out into the hallway and showed me my locker. "So, you're locker is here. I'll help you put you're stuff in it." He said. I didn't want to trouble him, so I declined, " No, no, it's fine! I can do it!" "But I must! It's only right!" He said, picking my bag off of the ground. "Ok, but if you don't want to, don't," I said.

We put my stuff in my locker and headed back to the classroom.

"By the way, my name is Y/N L/N" I said.

"Tenya, Tenya Iida" he said.

"Iida? Like Tensei Iida?" I said, thinking he was joking.

"Ingenium, yes. My big brother!" He said proudly.

"Woah, I guess that explains your legs. Is your quirk like his?" I asked

"Yes, it is. And I try more and more everyday to be like him." He said, "So what's your quirk?"

I panicked. This was the question I had dreaded hearing. I wanted to lie and say I had the coolest quirk ever, but I couldn't do that. I could never do that. So I told the truth, kinda.

"No yet quirk!"

What did I just say?

"What..?" He chuckled, he was just as confused as I was.
"I mean, I don't have a quirk yet. I'm not sure if I ever will. Please don't hate me!" I said, very anxious about middle schooler opinions. I didn't know if he was ok with it or not, but he didn't seem weirded out, just surprised.
"That's ok! I just expected you to have a quirk to be in this school. It's a richer school that accepts kids with quirks mainly."

Oh. I didn't know that

>Present<

My middle school friend, Tenya Iida.
No, not boyfriend, just friend. We were really close, but we didn't like each other. I know he didn't like me. He never thought about it if he did. I ended up getting my quirk a month later. I told everyone, I was that excited. Until one person got the idea that I was reading everyone's mind at the same time and I couldn't be trusted. People hated me, again. All except for one person. Tenya.