At Home

My mind is currently everywhere. I need a break. With what happened at the the USJ, the Tenya Situation, and everything else, I need to do something to get my mind off of it.

I go over to my "creative corner" in my room. A while ago, I realized how blank this corner was. I decorated it and it ended up pretty nice. My f/c bean bag chair, the lights on the wall, and the little white and black rug looks cute together. This is the place I write my music, play my ukulele, or just write small stories. I always think better in this corner. I'm thinking of putting some of those cords that you put pictures on in this area. I'd put pictures of Tenya, Midoriya, and some other pictures. Maybe even some of me.

I pick up my ukulele and sit in my bean bag chair. I start strumming a few chords.

C, G, A, F

I don't know what song to play. I just strum half the time and make something up. I've written a few songs, but they're never any good.

"Y/n, come and get lunch!"

"Coming!"

I started down the hall to the kitchen. I saw my mom behind the counter, fixing a ham and cheese sandwich.

"I didn't know if you were coming or not." She said.

"I yelled coming to you."

"Oh, I'm sorry sweetie, I must not have heard you."

"It's ok."

I grabbed my sandwich and sat down at the table. It's not a very big table, only four can sit at it.

"I hope you like the sandwich. I didn't know what else to fix, since you usually get something yourself." She said. I liked ham and cheese sandwiches, but it was something about hers that made them the best thing in the world.

"I like yours the best" I admitted, sounding pretty cliché.

"Your just saying that because you have to,"

"Am not, I really mean it!"

"Ok, fine. I guess you're right."

We both laughed a little. It's usually her telling me something.

"So, how's school? Other than the incident that happened yesterday, we haven't really got to talk about it." My mom asked me.

"It's good," I confirmed, "it's just your usual work with a little hero tied into it."

"That's understandable." She said.

We sat in silence and ate out food.  I like talking to my mom, she's so accepting.  My step dad isn't anything near that, though.  We don't talk.  He's a loner and never has anything to say to me.  I don't even think of him as my dad.  He doesn't have a quirk either, and he doesn't like that I have one.

"Well, I guess I better do some dishes," my mom said, finishing her sandwich.

"Need me to help?" I asked.

"No, don't worry about it. I've got it under control!" She said, grinning a sweet motherly grin at me.

I grinned back.

><

I went back to my room and picked up my phone.  I saw a little sparkle in the notifications.

✨: hey y/n, Izuku Midoriya has sent you a message!

What does Midoriya want?  We're friends, but not close friends.

I read his message:

"Hey, y/n! I didn't know your number, so I messaged you on here!  Uraraka, Iida, and I are at the park having a little picnic thing, wanna come?"

"Uh, yeah, sure :)"