Quirks

My quirk was late. It came to me in 7th grade. Before then, everyone hated me. I was the weird kid. I was the one no one wanted to talk to. I was an outcast. I had no one. Except for Tenya.

     Once I got my quirk, everyone loved me. I was the only one with mind reading powers. I was cool. Then a girl got the idea that I was collecting everyone's secrets. Then, I was back to where I started. Hated by everyone. No where to go. No one would call me their friend. Except for Tenya.

     On the first real day of UA, no one knew who I was. I was a stranger. I was just another person to everyone. Except for Tenya.

    My heart was racing. I was just spending time with him. It wasn't anything I'd never done before. We used to be together all the time. Now, it's like we're not together all the time, but we're not apart. Why do I like him now? Why didn't I like him before, when we were together? Am I just missing him? There's too many questions.

I entered the school, hoping for answers. The only thing I got was more questions.

What if he likes you back? What If he has for awhile? Why don't you just read his mind with your quirk?

Read his mind? I couldn't do that, he is my friend and that invades his privacy. What if he likes someone else? What if I'm over thinking this? I am, I need to stop thinking about it.

I couldn't pay attention in class, I had him on my mind. I tried not to, I tried to forget about him. It was hard. I tried talking to Midoriya and Uraraka, but Everytime it seemed something they'd say would relate back to Tenya to me. "Why?" I mumbled when I was alone. I was the first to the table, which usually I would hate. This time, I was hoping they would be later than usual. "Why am I feeling this? Am I crazy?" I asked myself. Then, I must have gotten the attention of someone else. "You good?" She asked, "you seem kinda sad."

"Huh?" I gasped, bit realizing she was there, "Oh, sorry. I'm just waiting on my friends, that's all!" She had light red, almost pink, hair and goggles on her head. She smiled at me. "Ok! Just as long as you're not lonely! I'm Mei by the way. Mei Hatsume." She pit out her hand for me to shake.

"I'm y/n l/n," I replied, shaking her hand.

"Ok, y/n. Just remember, if you ever need someone to talk to, you have me! I'm in the support course, so you probably won't see me much, but if you do, don't be shy!" She smiled, then walked off to a table alone. I watched her, regretting not inviting her to sit with us. Then she pulled out a robot, not to big, and talked to it. I had never seen anything like it and wondered if she made it. When I turned back around, I saw Midoriya and Uraraka giggling and walking over to the table.

"Hey, y/n!" Uraraka said to me.

"Hey Uraraka, hey Midoriya" I replied, smiling a little.

"Hey, you've seemed down, what's wrong?" Midoriya asked.

"Oh, it's nothing! I promise" I reassured them.

"Oh ok. You just haven't been yourself, that's all."

"Have you seen Iida? You guys are always together, it weird seeing you guys apart." Uraraka asked.

"Oh, no I haven't seen him. I would've waited for him if I did."

We ate our food, slowly. It was weird, no one was talking. Uraraka and Midoriya smiled at each other once in awhile, but I stayed quiet. Maybe I should have sat with Mei. I must have zoned out, because when I looked beside me, Tenya was there.

"Oh, hey!" I said.

"Hey" he replied. He didn't seem as happy as usual. Something was wrong. Did I do something? I asked him, just because I was curious.