Hagakure and Secrets

Time to make a new friend I guess. What Mei told me last night has stuck with me, the part to ask Toru to get the device out of Tenya's bag. I don't know how to persuade her in like, 10 minutes at most without being her friend. Then it hits me.

"Oh! Social Media!"

I know it's probably a weird way to start talking to someone, but hey, if it works it works. I pull up her profile on InstaChat.

✨TheInvisibleGirl✨
"The world may not see you, but that means you're special to the ones who do."-unknown

I click on the chat button and start to type.

"Hey, it's me, l/n from class 1-A. Could I ask you a favor?"

It took a while for her to respond but she did.

"Oh, hi l/n! Sure, what do you need?"

"Well.. could you get something out of Iida's bag for me? I left it in there and I don't want him to see it."

Read 3:39

I look at my phones clock. 3:49. Finally, I see the "typing..."

"Uh.. sure. What is it?"

"Oh, it's a black pen with a red light on the top of it"

"Oh ok.. why can't he see it!"
"?*"

"It's a surprise for his birthday. He saw it and thought it was cool soo.."

"Oh ok! See you later!"

"You too!"

I won't see her though, she's invisible.

{l a t e r}

That morning I panicked. I didn't understand how I would know if she would know what I was talking about or not. What if he wasn't there? What if they both talked and he found it? I was so worried that I forgot my "Dear Evan Hansen" book at home.

Well great.

When I get in class I sit down. My palms are sweaty and I don't see Tenya. I'm thinking of all the possibilities. What could happen if he finds it? Did I scare him off? Why did Mei even want me to have this? I feel a pat on my shoulder and jump.

"I'm not doing anything bad!"

"Woah there buddy, chill out a little. Look, I got the pen, but he left and took his bag with him after. I don't know if he saw me or not so.. yeah."

"Oh, don't worry! You got it and that's all that matters!"

"Ok! Well, I'll see you later, though you won't see me!" She says giggling.

"True!" I respond, then she walks away.

I press the button on the "pen" and slip it in my bag. I picked it up again because it was blinking. "Weird, I turned you off.." I murmur to myself.

Class starts and the day is like any other. As I'm walking down the hall I feel my phone buzz.

"Yo, y/n, meet me in the secret room."

It was Mei. I guess she wanted to make sure I got the recording thing.

"And leave your bag in the class or your locker. I don't want you to be super suspicious."

"Okie dokie" I respond, and I head for the secret room (as she called it)

Once I'm there, the door closes and it's pitch black. "Mei?" I ask, "Are you in here?"

The small lamp on the table turns on to reveal a blueprint that said "the plan of getting the boy" with the word "girl" marked out and "boy" scribbled on. She stands up from behind the table and points to it.

"Ok. We are currently at point A. We need to be at point E. You have the recording device and I'm guessing you recorded him, right?"

"Uh, Mei... why did you make this?"

"Did you record him?"

"Yeah, but I don't-"

"Step B here we come!"
Not this again.

"Mei, I don't need an entire elaborate plan. Some people don't like stories like that."

"What do you mean stories? This isn't some fan fiction!"

"Oh, yeah, right."

I give her the pen. There's a specific part that sticks out.

"Listen, Midoriya. I can not speak to that girl. She will read my mind and she'll know the truth. She'll know how I feel. No, I'm not saying I love her, I'm just saying she's something... special. Listen, the last time we talked and actually had a really good conversation was in seventh grade when she asked me to that dance. I wanted to go, but I couldn't dance so I told her I can't dance. She looked ok with it, but she was different from then on. She told me it was just as friends, not as lovers. She acted like she was normal, but she wasn't. I don't want to frick up again, Midoriya. I don't want her to be weirder than she is. No, not like a bad thing! She's just not herself. I like her- what? No I didn't say I liked her. I was gonna say "I'd like her to be her again.". I miss the real her. Ok, bye Midorya. (There's a slight thud in the back ground, probably him putting his phone down.) Oh jeez, Tenya. Could you be more anxious? Why not some other girl who may like you?"

I look at Mei. Her face is a giant smile, just not an open one. She knows what I know.

"He wants me normal again, right?"

"Oh. My. Heck. We need some work with you, y/n."