Lunch Time Stories

I arrived to UA like usual: all the worries packed on to my shoulders. I worried about seeing Tenya, Mei, and Ochako again. Jeez, high school is rough; especially with a quirk. I just want a day to relax and not worry about anything at all.

   Classes are normal. Boring and normal. Most of the questions I know, either because they're easy to answer or I know them. I don't read the teachers mind unless I'm called on while looking at Tenya. Honestly, I'm weird. I watch him "like a dingo watches a human baby". That may or may not be a quote from a movie.

     Anyway, during lunch, we get the announcement of the sports festival. That's going to be next week, so we need to prepare. I decide to sit with Mei today, everything at our normal table is too weird. She lights up with joy when I come to sit with her.

     "Why would you sit with me today though? Go talk to the love of your lifeeeee~!" She teases.
     "Why would you push me to sit with him? And why did you want us together anyway?" I laugh, genuinely interested.
     "Jeez, I hoped this question wouldn't pop up, but ok! So, honestly I was lonely and I saw you. You seemed pretty cool, but how was I supposed to talk to you? Well, I had just finished my main baby and it needed a test run.. sooooooo who better to test it on then a new, friendly looking person! It was pretty obvious you liked Iida, so I used that to my advantage."

     "You're welcome," she smiled.
     I stared in awe. "Mei Hatsume. You are a genius."

     We continued eating and talking. We didn't talk about anything big after that until I got a look. Mei was the first to notice.

     "Hey, y/n, you may be attracting attention. Just don't look."

Of course, I do look.

     It's Tenya and Midorya. I didn't look at them very much, but they may have still saw me. Tenya was red and Midorya looked confused. Ochako was with them, and then looked over at Mei and me. She looked lost, like a stray puppy. I was pretty confused. I mean, they were probably looking at me because I was sitting with Mei. And the fact that Midorya thought Tenya liked me. And the fact that Ochako and I were really close the other night and I just ditch her for Mei. There's a lot to comprehend.

     Of course, I turn back around. I don't want to feel suspicious anymore. Mei looks sick, but then looks at me and looks happy. She then looks down and finishes her food.

     I finish my food and head out for class. I wonder why she looked so sick for the minute. Why do I wonder so much? It's like I'm some sort of machine that is built for wondering.

     I head to class, still wondering about my life.

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

Hi! Sorry it's such a short chapter :(. I'm currently on fall break, so I might get another longer chapter out this week or next week. I hope you guys are ok with it :)
-Emily