The Song

Suddenly, Im standing in front of the members. I don't know how I got here, but here I am. Ready to perform. My hands are sweating a lot. The paper in my hands is already wrinkled from me holding it. My breath is shaky, so I Inhale and exhale a few times to calm myself down. 

"It is ok Crissy. Just breathe." I look over at J-Hope encouraging me. Taehyung joins in.

"Yeah, we are not that scary." I try to smile back at him, but my face won't relax. Why am I so nervous? I've done this a million times before. Jungkook jumps out of his chair.

"Ya, speak for yourself." He poses in this position that is supposed to be scary. It basically looks like is carrying four bags of groceries at once while he is constipated. I can't help myself, I start laughing.

Jimin joins him, frowning and crossing his arms to look really mean. They look like Timon and Pumbaa from The Lion King. Yes, I know. Im literally trying not to pee my pants.

Jin starts tickling them both and telling them to sit down. I shift my focus over to the manager. He is smiling at the boys. I take one last big breath in before he turns to me. 

"So, Crissy. What will you be performing today?" He leans forward a bit and I focus on presenting the song. 

"The song I will be performing today is written to the melody of the song: Youth by Shawn Mendes. I wrote this song in under fifteen minutes and I hope that you like it." I can see the staff members trying to find a nonlyric track to back up my voice. Before they play it, I say "Oh, and it is in English. I hope that's ok."

Everyone in the room laughs. The manager smiles at me. "Yes Crissy, that is fine."

I hear the guitar in the track starting to play and I position my feet so that they are under my hips. I hold up the paper and start to sing the lyrics. 

"Pushed me up against the wall

Screaming in my face

I was broken, without knowing "

The shaky-ness in my voice is completely gone when the first verse is over. Thank god for that. I really need these notes to be on-pitch. I know that it is hard for the members to understand all the lyrics, so my singing really needs to show the message of the song.

"Feeling his hands on my body

Groping all around

I am broken, but I keep going"

I sing my heart out on the "I keep going" part and then I tone it down on the next few lines to add some dimension to the song.

"Love, but I know he learned this from his mom

No, this is not his fault

Never letting go, of the boy I've come to know

He is broken

We are broken"

Now, time for the chorus. Come on Crissy! You can do this!

"Punch my face till I fall down

All I ever do is frown

As long as the sun shines, you'll see

You will always be with me"

I move my body to make sure they get that the message in the song is urgent. Even if they don't understand what im saying, I want them to feel it.