Chapter 5 • Your Grace

"Baby, you're the man
But I got the, I got the, I got the power
You make rain
But I'll make it, I'll make it, I'll make it shower
You should know, I'm the one who's in control
I'll let you come take the wheel, long as you don't forget" ~ Little Mix, Power.

A/n Long chapters or short chapters?

S

OUTHERN FRANCE, 1002 AD

The Mikaelsons, led by Lucien, have arrived at the castle in the fine clothes of their earlier victims, where some sort of celebration is underway. All of the newcomers look nervous as they take in the grand interior of the castle, and Lucien fills them in on the details they need to know to blend in effectively as he gestures toward the Count, who is sitting on his throne at the far side of the room. Infront were Rebekah and kol, then Elijah and Klaus, Klara was right behind klaus who had his right arm behind his back, holding hands with his wife as she followed closely behind him. Beside Klara was finn.

"There. See the Count de Martel? You address him as "Your Grace." All the other nobles as "my lord." And, when you speak to the Count, you should speak of hunting. He loves his horse and his hounds." Lucien instructs. He respectfully looks sideways at Rebekah, who is so anxious she looks as though she may throw up, then peers at the beautiful Klara, she seemed so unbothered.

"And, bow deep, Lady Klara and Lady Rebekah. The Count relishes a... healthy cleavage." Rebekah nods, gulping nervously.

"The only man to to be looking at my wife's cleavage shall be me." Klaus warns.

"Of course, my lord." Lucien turns away, frightfully.

When Lucien sees Finn, Kol, and Klaus & Klara looking above them at the ceiling, he becomes even more worried.

"And, for God's sake, stop looking up!" Lucien quickly pushes away a stray hair that has fallen from Klara's ponytail and anxiously leads them toward the Count's throne. Behind him, Kol leans forward to smile and whisper in Lucien's ear.

"Touch my sister again, and I'll tear your arm straight off." He threatens.

Finn, annoyed, replies,"Behave, Kol, or I'll bury you in the ground to rot."

Rebekah, looking pale, asks, "This isn't going to work, is it?"

"Just speak as we practiced... And know that you look lovely, my lady."

Rebekah smiles at him in appreciation as Klaus turns to whisper to Elijah, :Are you worried, brother?"

"We're placing our lives in the hands of a stranger, Niklaus." Elijah replies. The group finally makes it to the throne of Count de Martel, and Lucien bows dramatically in front of him before making introductions.

"Lucien, you were sent to fetch the Count de Guise!"

"Indisposed, my Grace. "He pauses awkwardly.

Lucien gestures to the Mikaelson siblings behind him before stepping aside so they can come forward,
May I present his children and daughter in Law? The Lords Finn, Niklaus, Elijah, and Kol.." He points to each of the men in turn, who bow their heads respectfully to him, before Lucien turns to introduce Rebekah and Klara.

"Also, the lovely Lady Rebekah. And Lord Niklaus' wife, Lady Klara." The Count looks at the Mikaelsons suspiciously and stands to his feet as he approaches them.