Chapter 17

"Saw your potential without seeing credentials
Maybe that's the issue" - In My Head/ Ariana Grande.

~ ~ ~

Klara ♡

I woke up with a headache today, I'm not sure if its the overwhelming events of yesterday or I haven't let out some magic and its bottling up.

Rubbing  the sides of my forehead, I grab a towel and shower. The water soothes my head a little, a shower is always a good place to be alone and think.

Klaus.

That's what my mind wanders to first, it always does. He's trying, not hard enough.

One thing I know about Klaus is he hates a challenge, the chase, girls used to fall at his knees everywhere we went, that's not how things are going to go with us.

Paying him no interest will anger him, I know it will.

I'm not going to play hard to get.
I am hard to get.

After 15 minutes of washing my hair and my scrubbing my body clean, I turn the water off and wrap a towel around my body as I walk back into my bedroom.

Sometimes you have to care less to see if they will care more...

~ ~ ~

I walk into a room where Klaus is sketching something, he sends a small smile my way but I turn away with a roll of my eyes as I see that he was intact sketching little miss mystic falls.

I try and ignore the constant bickering between Rebekah and Kol whilst I sit and attempt to read  a Charles Dickins book, I've always been a nerd.

"Will you to just shut up?! I'm trying to read." I sigh in frustration.

"You and books, jesus. Get a hobbie." Kol lays on the couch I'm sitting on, his head now on my laugh.

I put aside the book was trying to read and flick him on the forehead. He scrunched up his nose in annoyance and gets up.

"You're all so boring, let's  go somewhere. Come on, Nik." He sits regularly on the couch I'm on.

"Cant you see I'm busy?"

"Yes, drawing a sketch of another woman when your wife is in the same room. Man whore." Kol teases but I could tell there was some anger behind that sentence. I wish I didnt but I looked over to Klaus and we had a brief moment of eye contact, his eyes held guilt and sadness, but I ignored him and looked back over to Kol as he spoke.

"Let's go to a bar, come on. Its the least you can do for daggering your baby brother." He plays the guilt card and Klaus finally agrees.

"Yes go, theres far too many men rolling around."

"Just like you 'Bekah." Kol replies walking out.

"Good Riddance!" She yells, throwing a shoe and missing.

I laugh at our dysfunctional family, boy do I love them.

~ ~ ~

I walk into the grill a few hours after Klaus and Kol did, I spot the two standing and drinking.

"Sup, idiots." I stand next to Kol trying to ignore the hungry stares from Klaus.

I thought I'd tease him with a backless, silver sequin halter shirt. Kol was unaffected but I could feel Klaus' eyes burning into my chest.

I paired the shirt with skin tight, black jeans, they're high waisted but not too high

"Um- Klara-" Klaus is cut off by Kol mentioning Caroline is here.

She wore a black shirt that was lower than anything I've seen her wear, she's playing the same game. Lucky for me and unlucky for her, I'm an expert.

"Dont call her over, we're obviously busy." I hear Klaus whisper to Kol, I couldn't help but smile a little.

The comment Kol made must've knocked some sense into him. Klaus looks over to me and smiles a genuine smile, it made the dimples in his cheek deepen and his eyes shine with happiness.

I've missed that smile, the one where he's not afraid of anyone seeing the sofa side of him, he only ever shares them with us. His family.

Still I turn away, I dont think he knows the pain hes caused me over the years. I need him to understand that's whilst he moved on with his family by his side, I had absolutely no one.

I hope one day he understands how it feels to have no one.

When I turn back I see that hes followed Caroline, my heart feels heavy and my eyes water slightly. I clear my throat seeing Kol looking at me in concern.

"Two can play that game." I set my eyes on Damon Salvatore and stalk towards him with no hesitations.

He licks his lips at the sight of me and I smirk, he's easy.

A/n whatd you think is gonna happen next!?!?

Drop any ideas you want me to consider!!

Vote and comment please:(:): )