chapter 27

"As long as I got you and meMoving through this world as a two-man teamI'll always have everything I needYou don't even realise what you meanNo one could fall for you quite like meNo one could get me so perfectlyYou don't even realise (Oh-oh-oh)Yo...

Moving through this world as a two-man team
I'll always have everything I need
You don't even realise what you mean
No one could fall for you quite like me
No one could get me so perfectly
You don't even realise (Oh-oh-oh)
You're all that I need"

Klara's POV

Happy is what I feel when Klaus walks in the door, when I know for the rest of the evening he's all mine. It's not that he's fireworks and chatter; mostly he's so quiet, unwinding after a busy day. Just being near him lights me up inside, gives me a serenity I can never know without him being close. It's like the breaths I take aren't full when he's away, like the smiles I smile are incomplete somehow. Just lying next to him is my favourite place in the world. It's him that creates the warmth in my soul, him that fills me full of love and keeps the fire burning in my eyes. If that isn't happiness I don't know what is, so I'll let it be my own definition, the one I keep with me always.

"Good morning." The rasp in his voice was enough to make me wet. These damn hormones.

I lifted my head to see the gorgeous smile of his. He kissed my forehead, these moments are my favourite. The ones where he can just be himself, no cold exterior, just a loving husband.

And that is why I love him, he can put aside all that, for me.

It's when i get lost in those eyes, those thoughts and i think of them every moment. Loving him is the best feeling because when I feel low and I talk to him, all he has to say is, "It will be alright; I'm right beside you," and I'm content.

Klaus sighs, looking at the watch he left on the nightstand the day before. "I have to go."

Instant disappointment.

"What? Why?"

"Meeting with Marcel."

I nod, scoffing. "You mean more bars and alcohol?" I raise an eyebrow. He looked confused, then scared, then confused again. He always disliked when i was angry with him.

"Klarissa..."

"Dont 'full name' me." I roll my eyes, removing the blanket from off of my legs, my legs were exposed and Klaus' shirt was not long enough to cover most of my legs. Then I got up and walked towards the bathroom.

"Where are you going?" He asks, I turn around.

"To shower."

"Can I join?" He bites his lip.

And although I was angry at him, it was too good to resist.

Blame the hormones!

A/n Her full name was just revealed!
Surprised Elijah hasn't used it yet