Chapter 11

Klara stares at the blonde sitting on the bench, she wasnt jealous nor vengeful. Just curious.

She wondered why Klaus was infatuated by her, what made her so special?

"Hi, may I sit here?" She asks the blonde, kindly.

"Of course, I dont own the bench." She jokes, causing Klara to laugh a little. She took a seat.

"I'm klara, by the way." She smiles sweetly.

"Caroline. Nice to meet you." The two shake hands. Caroline took note of the British accent and it made her more wary of the situation.

"Nice to meet you to, love." The word reminded Caroline of Klaus and she shifted in her seat, quite obviously a little nervous.

'Is she another mikaelson?'

"Nice rock on your finger." Caroline compliments, she felt a little envious upon seeing the massive engagement ring along with the gold wedding band. Klaus sent them to her via Mail 34 years back, he had a better chance of getting it to her that way than in person, she would've known and vanished.

"Thank you." She smiled, staring at the rings reminiscing all the memories with her husband. They were quite the pair.

"So, you new here?" Caroline asks.

"I- uh, I lived here years ago. So i guess I'm kind of new." She smiles looking at how everything changed in a millennium.

"Well I hope you have a nice stay." Caroline says, genuinely. Then it clicked.

Klara now understood why he liked this one girl.

Why he chased after this specific girl.

She was kind, and genuine.

She was innocent.

She was Klara 2.0.

- - -

"Klara, I think he knows." Rebekah gulps, sitting on a bar stool next ti her sister.

"Who and what?!" She asks, fear seeping through her body.

"Klaus. I think he knows you're in mystic Falls."

"Did you tell him?"

"No I would never?" Rebekab is quick to say.

"Relax, sis. I believe you." Klara says, removing a strand of hair out of Rebekah face.

Rebekah sat, just watching her with pure adoration in her eyes. She was the mother figure Rebekah was missing in her life.

Klara averts her eyes to a figure walking in the Grill.

She panics seeing the familiar blonde curls, thinking quickly; using her magic, she flings a cup in the opposite direction, Klaus turns his head to the news and she flashed away.

Klaus looks in the direction she previously was, the chair she was in just half a second ago, he had hope she'd be here; with a sigh he walks out, defeated.