chapter 28

16 years flashforward

"I heard your sister got suspended." Penelope joined Maze on the table in the middle of the cafeteria they usually had lunch on. She gave Maze a quick side hug before stealing one of her chips and scooting closer.

"Yeah, she's in New Orleans with my Mom now." Maze scrolled through her gallery, her perfectly manicured fingers paused on a photo of her and her father before quickly swiping past it.

"Hey Maze." Francis walks past, waving. She looked up from her phone and smiled.

"Hey, Francis." She waves and watches until eventually Penelope shook her out of it.

"Ugh when will you two hook up already?" She steals another one of Maze's chips.

Maze rolls her eyes, "one, stop stealing my food you cow. And two, we are not, not, ever hooking up."

"Yeah, I mean Lizzie will probably beat you to it."

Maze frowns at the sight of the Blonde practically drooling over him. "Yeah, I don't mind."

~ • ~

"So you brought me here to what exactly?" Maze asks, walking into the Mikaelson compound.

"I need your help, Mazikeen." Klara sighs, rubbing her temples. The young brunnette loved to wind people up to the point it wad concerning, and it's a trait she definitely did not inherit from her mother.

"Help how? One thing wolves hate more than hybrids are freaking tribrids, I honestly dont know why you requested me to be here you'd be better off going over there and-"

"OKAY MAZE! That's the last time im asking you anything at all. Can you go talk to your sister upstairs?"

"Technically that's a question and- ... I'm going to go to Hope now." She saw the glare her mother sent and quickly ran up the stairs. She dropped her school bag in the entrance of Hope's bedroom then proceeded to jump on her bed.

"What's up, blood dealer?"

Hope huffed, rolling her eyes and sitting up, leaning her back against the backboard. "Do not call me that."

"Everyone's in such a foul mood today. Be more positive."

"That's rich coming from you."

"Hey! I didnt slap anyone today, that's a start."

Hope laughed, looking at her sister with an indescribable look in her eye. "God, I love you."

"I know."

A/n I'm working on a season 5/legacies