Chapter 8 • Coffins

☆ Mystic Falls - Present time

Bonnie and Elena are standing in front of the coffins.

"I've been having these dreams for days now. It's like the witches are trying to send me a message." She explains.

" I just can't believe that you guys kept this from me this whole time." Elena replies.

"Stefan thought, if you knew where the coffins were, Klaus could threaten people to get the information out of you." Bonnie reasons with her.

"So, these are the rest of his family?"

"Yeah. Elijah and two others. This one...is the one we can't open. We don't know who is in it, or whats in it, only that I think my dream's telling me it'll help us kill Klaus."

"What the hell are you doing?" Stefan enters.

" I needed her to know about the coffin." She explains.

"And I needed you to keep her out of it, Bonnie." He lectures.

"So what are you gonna do, Stefan? Are you gonna kidnap me, so that I won't tell anyone?"

"Don't tempt me, Elena."

"I think I know, who can open the coffin, Stefan. And I need Elena to help me find her." Bonnie interrupts.

"Find who? What are you talking about?" He asks.

"I couldn't place her face at first. Then I realized..." Bonnie pulls a photo out of her pocket and shows Elena.

"Oh my god, Bonnie."

S

tefan looks at the photo, "Who is this?"

"It's my mom... There was this other girl, in the dreams. I dont know who, but she was important, I feel like the spirits needed me to recognise her, yet nothing. I've never seen her before."  She sighs.

☆ ▪︎ ☆ [ Few hours Later ] ☆ ▪︎ ☆

Damon enters the room with the coffins. There are candles lit everywhere. The coffins are invisible. Damon stops, then heards footsteps. Klaus enters.

:

What took you so long? Hiding behind your witchy friends. And in squalor, no less." Suddenly the candles burn brighter and Klaus falls to his knee, clutching his head and shouting in pain.

"Insulting a bunch of dead witches...not smart. I made the exact same mistake first time I came in here." Damon tuts.

The pain subsides and Klaus speaks in a forced, strained voice.

"Well, you know, the funny thing about witches is, that living or death, they care about their own. A hundred dead witches have a thousand living descendants..." The pain returns. Klaus shouts out in pain. He then talks in a loud voice, addressing the room.

"

And I have no problem, killing every last one of them, if I don't get my coffins back. As we speak, my hybrid friend is prepared to end the Bennett line." The candles die down suddenly, and Klaus isn't in pain anymore. He again talks to the room.

'Now...please...show me the coffins." Now he can see the coffins.

"Here we are." Damon says, gesturing to the coffins.