Chapter 9 • Klara?

"My imagination's too creative
They see demon, I see angel (angel) angel
Without a halo, wingless angel" - Imagination by Ariana Grande

~ Describes how Klara sees Klaus perfectly

☆ ▪︎ ☆

Elena is jogging through Mystic Falls. She checks her watch to see what her time was. She turns around and sees a man in a hoodie running towards her. She turns back around and starts running again. The man continues to follow her. Elena turns a corner and speeds up. After a while, she stops running and looks behind her. The man is gone. She calms down and turns around, when she walks straight into the man who was following her.

"Excuse me. Should have been watching where I was going." He apologises.

"Don't worry about it."

"Have a nice day." He jogs away, Elena watches him go.

°°°°

"Jeremy?" Jeremy's protection ring is lying in the middle of his plate on the table.

"That's his ring." Alaric says.Elena picks it up.

"Where did he go?"

They go outside, Jeremy is standing in the middle of the street.

"Jeremy? What is he doing??" Suddenly, a car comes whipping around the corner and speeds towards Jeremy. Before either of them could react, they feel a gush of wind, and the car is stopped by a blur of a figure, a massive dent mark engraved in the front of the car.

Opening their eyes, Jeremy was completely fine and a startled Toby sat in the car.

Toby quickly turns right around and drives off.

"Who was that?" Elena sighs after checking he was okay and bringing him in the house.

"I dont know." Alaric says, still in a state of shock.

☆ ● ☆

"Is it done?" Klaus smirks as Toby walks into his mansion. He furrowsh his eyebrows seeing Toby's shocked face. "Well did you?!" He asks again.

"I tried to."

"What do you mean, you tired to?"

"Something or- someone stopped me."  He admits.

Klaus stands thinking, the salvatores? Would they have saved him? No he had them distracted.

Elijah wouldn't, Rebekah would not even care. Then it clicked.

Klara....?

"Just go." He eventually says, too in thought to care.

☆ ▪︎ ☆

"Klara!' Rebekah hugs her sister, she hadn't seen her 91 years.

"Sister." She giggles, hugging her.

"Wow, you look beautiful as always. What are you doing here?" They take a seat at the bar.

"Just in need of some alcohol." Klara shrugs

"Oh please, you're in the same town as Nik for the first time in centuries. I dont think youd risk it all for a drink."

"Maybe I miss my husband." She sheepishly smiles.

"He misses you more than you know..."

A/n Who wants a reunion next chapter?