Chapter 7 • Leave

"I lost my faith, made my mistakes
Gonna find a way to make it easy
I'll be better on my own, believe me"

~ Little Mix; The Cure

☆ ▪︎    England 1492 ☆ •

Inside a mansion a party is underway. The room is filled with guests talking to each other. Trevor is speaking with a woman. He walks over to Elijah.

"Ah, good evening, Trevor. I am pleased you could join us." Elijah greets him.

" I could not miss the birthday celebration" he replies.

"No, considering the gift you claim to bear. Where is this mystery girl of which you speak?" Elijah asks.

"Right this way." Elijah follows him. They join Katherine.

"My dear." Trevor speaks.

Elijah was in utter shock.

"Forgive me. You remind me of someone."

"Katerina, may I introduce the lord Elijah."

Elijah holds out his hand. She takes it and curtsies.

"Pleasure, my lord."

"The pleasure's mine. Katerina." He kisses her hand.

● ● ● 

In another room not far away, there were Klaus and Klara.

"I am so done!" She yells, sadness clouding her big black orbs.

"Done? And what about infinity?" He asks, his voice cracking.

"..." she was at a loss for words.

"Just tell me the problem." He walks up to her, holding her hands in his.

"You're the problem, you're always the problem." She sighs, frustratedly.

His face turned from anger to pain in a matter of seconds.

"Then leave!" He shouts, he barely ever yelled at Klara.

There was something in that shout, a pain behind it. Klara watched. She watched Klaus' eyes. Then she knew. The anger was nothing but a shield for pain, like a cornered soldier randomly throwing out grenades, scared for his life, lonely, desperate. She breathed in real slow. What if nothing blew up? What if there were no consequences? Wouldn't Klaus have to calm down? Wouldn't the shield clatter to the ground and let the pain tumble out?

"Maybe I will."

His eyes softened, blinking back the tears, but by the time his eyelids reopened, she was gone.

A/n opinions on this chapter?

Present chapter coming soon!