running on water

CHRISTOPHER

After I saw Grayson disappear into the direction towards the pool, I started the trek towards my cabin. I wasn't in the mood to return, as I didn't want to face the wrath of Jayson and whatever shitty mood he was in, so I made a small detour. It would add a few minutes to my time of original arrival, but I didn't mind. The scenery was amazing, and the trees gave the shade I needed as the sun sent harsh waves of heat onto my pale skin. Having very Irish genes from my father's side, but getting the mess of dirty blond hair from my mother, I was a pale stick with messy blond hair and gorgeous blue eyes.

There was nothing I could do about my horrible skin genes during the summer, and I was mostly a burnt tomato by the time I went back home. My mom packed shit loads of SPF for me but I didn't use it. It only took one year of people saying "Did your Mommy pack that for you?" constantly when I lathered myself up in sunscreen, to get me not to wear it at camp. I'd rather suffer the physical pain than emotional. At least the burn healed at some point. I know I could've stood up for myself and explained that I was Irish and got the bad genes, but no teenage boy was going to sit and listen to me explain my issues. All they wanted was a piece of ass to fuck on the weekends than hear about my sob story.

I swiped my hand across my forehead, wiping the sweat on my shorts in disgust. I continued on my walk, but out of nowhere I heard a crack. I whipped my body around, looking around the surrounding woods for anyone or anything making the noise. I couldn't see anything farther than a few 100 yards and the only thing that could've made that noise was another person. I turned my body back around on the same path I was going, but when my eyes focused, I jumped out of my skin. "What the fuck!" All I could hear was laughter as my heart pounded against my chest. As the person who scared the living shit out of me came into vision, the anger slowly dissipated. "Shay...what the fuck, man! I thought you were going to kill me!"

Shay's laughter was so loud, a flock of birds had took off from the tree above us and flew away squawking. I had a hand on my hip, ready to hear his explanation once he calmed himself from his laughing fit. "So-Sorry. Jesus. I'm sorry, Chris-" "It's fucking Christopher, Shay. How many times do I have to tell you?" Shay seemed taken aback but I didn't care. I still wanted an explanation for his actions, and I'd wait here all day if I needed to. "Sorry, Christopher. But I didn't mean to scare you that bad." I couldn't tell if he was bullshitting or not. "Are you sure about that? You don't just think of that and say "Hmm I don't think they'll be that scared." 'cause that has fucking assholic tendencies." Shay laughed, "Assholic? You really have issues, Christopher. No wonder why you're single." I scoffed, "Look at fucking you, Shay! You're the fucking slut of this place! You've slept with everyone but your fucking brother. Even the new guy!"

I knew I had gone too far after calling Shay a slut, but I was just so fucking mad at him that I couldn't hold myself back. The words had just slipped and I couldn't take them back once they were out. I could see the tears welling up in Shay's eyes, even at our short maybe 5 feet distance. "Shay-" He had started running before I could even get his name out. I groaned, stomping the ground like a two year old. A few other campers had passed by but I had given them the nastiest dirty look and the iconic "What are you looking at?" line. They sped up their walk and I stomped off back to my cabin, Shay constantly on my mind, the regret and guilt already filling up the once empty space in my brain.

When I opened the door, my mouth dropped to the floor. I mean, what was I expecting? Of course Jayson was going to be fucking plowing some pour soul into his mattress. "Jayson...and uh... Zach?!" I knew Jayson as the one to go around and have random hookups all the time. This camp was called "Fuck Boy" for a reason, and Jayson definitely qualified to be here. But Zach- No fucking way was he a fuck boy, or hoe, or whatever. Zach was someone who got committed and was with them for fucking years. The poor kid didn't want to break anyone's heart. But Jayson and Zach? No fucking way were they in a relationship. Maybe the closest thing was fuck buddy, but that was even far fetched for Jayson.

It was when my yell of "Zach" bounced off the walls and into the ears of the two boys did they realize someone else was in the room. Jayson looked utterly pissed at me for interrupting, not the fact that I was seeing him nude. He's weird like that. Zach's face went up in literal flames and he tried to grab the sheets to cover his exposed body, but I put my hand up, "No need...I'll uh...go? Yeah. Bye!" I ran out the door. I hated confrontation, and I knew that if I stayed any longer, I'd be on Jayson's shit list, and won't be able to get back into the cabin. I ran towards some place random and once I got in front of the door with a 33 and had already knocked, I finally knew where I was, and the fucked up situation I was in now.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

GRAYSON

I couldn't stand to see Ethan walk one more time across the room. Not only was it getting annoying but I just wanted answers, and he had them. "Enough! Stop pacing! And- And fucking sulking! Man up and tell me how you feel or- I'll- I don't know but freaking do it, Ethan!" It seemed as I got Ethan's attention, as he stopped in his tracks and turned his body towards me. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it, "Say...something...please." I spoke softly, trying for Ethan to just saying anything. "Something." I rolled my eyes, "Not that dumb ass. Tell me the truth." Ethan raised his brow.

"Truth? What is there to tell? You already know it." I shook my head, "I know nothing. All I know is that you want me...sexually. That's it..." Ethan came closer. "What more do I need to tell you? I want you, Grayson. How much more information do you need?" Ethan was getting even closer, so close that I could feel every exhale of his minty fresh breath on my face. "You want me?" Ethan nodded, moving ever so slowly, his lips ghosting over mine. "I want you, Grayson. So bad..." Before I could even reply, Ethan had pushed his lips against mine, and the little space we had between us was thrown out the window.

****

author's note;

we're getting there...

how did you like christopher's pov?? let me know because it was a bit different but i enjoyed writing it! hope you did too!!

word count:1,217