someone has the sniffles

GRAYSON

"Someone has the sniffles!" A random boy came up to Ethan and I while we were walking back from lunch. I turned my head towards Ethan, my eyebrow raised. "Sniffles? What the fuck is that?" I exclaimed. Ethan chuckled, shaking his head. "Sniffles is a nickname for syphilis, which is a sexually transmitted disease." The disease sounded very familiar and I had probably heard it on one of the doctor shows my sister constantly watched while she was at home. Always hogging the TV. Although, I did learn a few things and was able to get out of school; complaining of heart palpation's. My school is jackshit and all the secretaries barely have any teeth and wear glasses with the highest lenses. They couldn't tell a fake doctors note from a real one.

"An STD at a camp...Seems a bit weird to me." I looked down at the ground after ending my thought. "What do you find weird exactly, Grayson?" Ethan questions, licking his lips in the process. "A lot of things, but an STD at a camp full of teenagers...How the fuck did it even get in here?" Ethan shrugged, "I don't have the answers you're looking for. Maybe we could ask around and see if anyone knows anything. Doubt it though. Probably half the dudes have it anyway. Just because they fuck girls on the weekdays, doesn't mean they can't fuck guys on the weekends. Don't believe anything these assholes say, I've slept with most of them anyway."

I couldn't say I didn't believe Ethan, because I know it's true. I was in their place once in my life and went through the same denial phase everyone goes through. "Well, their secrets are kept with you. But now I'm worried about us getting it." Ethan pondered the thought for a moment, thinking of the possibilities. I didn't know much about the STD but I sure as hell knew it was contracted through sex or bodily fluids or some shit. "I think we should visit Polly." Instant confusion. "Polly? Who's that?" Ethan started to explain who Polly was to me, "Polly is the camp "nurse". She's basically a fucking sex doll for the straight assholes who come to this camp and don't want to pull down their pants and have fun.

"She used to go to Barton, the all girls camp down the street, a few years ago. She managed to keep a relationship with one of the "counselors" here and still go to camp. After her time was up, she applied for the nursing job. Ended up seducing the manager and got a job here with no training in the medical field. Moral of the story, Polly has gotten so many fucking STDs in her life that she'll be able to give us information." All I could do was blink and nod. I knew I was walking into fuck boy territory when I first got here, but after hearing about Polly and Barton, I finally understood that I was in something way bigger than what I had planned.

"Alright. Take me to her." Ethan nodded, taking my left hand in his right hand and we walked towards the Main Building. Our feet crunched against the gravel on the path, and it started to give me a surge of pain right above my eyebrow. If we were going to the "nurse", I was sure as hell getting pain reliever. Ethan was too concentrated on his thoughts to keep any conversation whatsoever, but I didn't feel like talking anyway. I had a feeling he was thinking of the  possibilities in his head and making assumptions on who could've spread the disease. I didn't know enough people to truly make an educated guess on who banged who and how the STD was now all over the camp.

People say not to judge a book by its cover, and I try to keep my thoughts to myself when I first meet someone. But I couldn't help myself when my mouth went dry and my eyes almost popped out of my head when Ethan and I walked through the metal door, and I saw Polly for the first time. She was sitting with her legs crossed on the desk, her dark red high heels probably about 5-7 inches from the look of them. Polly's blond hair that was tied in high pigtails reminded me of Harley Quinn, yet she didn't have the dyed blue and red tips. She had large pink lips that were smacking a piece of gum, and her bright green eyes were almost hypnotic.