like it was yesterday

ETHAN

Grayson and I look at Jayson's stoic body, wondering if he's going to say anything or just stand there. Zach's fat tears have stopped since he exposed himself about sleeping with other dudes. I can't say that I don't feel bad for him, he's sitting on Christopher's bed with a black eye and a busted lip. I obviously feel remorse. Contrary to popular belief, I am not a psychopath. I have feelings and I care about people. Even though Zach is a year older than me, he and I used to party all the time last year. We had somewhat deep talks and I remember him confessing that he and Jayson were fucking.

Looking at him now, in pain, makes me hurt. He shouldn't be going through this at all. But he can also be blamed for being hurt because he was the one who slept with those guys. Zach was the one that risked his well being by getting under those guys and taking their cock. How can Jayson just stand there and not say anything? Is his brain like that one Spongebob episode when all the Spongebob's are running around like crazy people as his brain is on fire? I hope it is because if his brain isn't like that...I'm going to be more than a bit worried.  

"Who were the guys you slept with, Zach?" My eyebrows raise at the deep baritone that comes from behind me. Zach's face goes up in flames at Jayson's words, "JJ-" "Don't call me that, Zach." Jayson growls at the boy a few feet away from me. Zach looks away shamefully, now not making eye contact with his ex-lover. "I'm so sorry, Jayson. I really really am. What I did was so fucking stupid! What we had was the best thing to ever happen to me, and I will take all the blame for ruining it." Zach's tears are back and Jayson turns away, looking at Grayson. They have a silent conversation with their eyes and before I know it, Grayson takes my hand and we walk out. Leaving Jayson and Zach to their demons. 

"Weren't we supposed to stay there and help?" I ask to bring us out of the silence we were once in. "Yeah. But I think it's best for Jayson and Zach to work out their own problems, together. What they once had was just the two of them, and you and I were only there to soothe Jayson's pain, and I think we somewhat did." I hummed, nodding my head. "Somewhat. But in the meantime, what are we going to do?" Grayson puts his pointer finger on his chin, thinking about things we could possibly do. "I have a few things in mind." Grayson smirks as we make eye contact. 

And before I know it, we're running full speed, laughing and giggling like two boys high off love. I feel like I'm in a romance movie, all I can do is stare at the beautiful boy that runs next to me. I'm surprised I didn't trip as I don't look where I'm going. The way his beautiful honey brown hair flops and flows from running against the wind. The way his skin shines perfectly in the middle of day sun. The way his teeth shine as he smiles and laughs. There is no way that I can't not fall in love with Grayson. He- in all honesty- is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I've said it once, and I'll say it again- I know I'll spend the rest of my life with Grayson.

"I thought we were going to fuck?" I ask, breathless. As Grayson bends down I can see the outline of his ass perfectly. When his back aligns again, I can see the duffel bag that I haven't seen for possibly almost over a month. "You know when we first met?" I nod, the day feeling like it was yesterday. "Then you took out the pen and Derek got high. Then you asked if I wanted some?" I nod, remembering saying those words. "Then I said maybe another time?" That's when I'm slapped across the face and finally get where Grayson is going with this. "You finally just got where I was going, huh?" 

I nod, my face going a bit red of embarrassment. "I'm a little slow, you know." Grayson brings over the bag to his bed, where I'm sitting as of now. "So? I don't care, I still care about you, Ethan." I smile, kissing him on the lips. Grayson smiles into the kiss as our lips move against each other perfectly. "Now, let's get fucking high!" I laugh at his outrageous behavior as he digs through the duffel bag, getting the THC pen I know all too well. He hands it over to me, looking at me with wide eyes. I roll my eyes, turning it on to the red and making sure it's filled with the oil.

I put the pen to my lips, pressing my finger to the button and breathing in the air. It tastes fucking disgusting, almost like gasoline, but you're in a whole new universe once you're high. It only takes me a few hits before I'm woozy. I cough, my throat drying just a bit. "You okay there hacky sack?" I laugh, coughing a bit more as I hand the pen to Grayson. "Yeah." I wheeze. Grayson does a once over on my body, making sure I'm okay. "Do you by chance have asthma, E?" I shake my head, trying to breathe. "I did...as a...kid." Grayson nods, setting the pen on the bed as he jumps up and goes right to his bag.

Grayson takes out an inhaler and brings it quickly over to the bed. I take the medicine and push it into my mouth, pushing down and trying to breathe in the medication at the same time. I do it a few more times before I actually feel a bit better. "That's so weird. I haven't had an asthma attack since I was little." Grayson shrugs. "It can happen at almost any moment. You should probably get an inhaler when camp ends." I nod, laying back on the bed as Grayson sits the pen on the side table, and the duffel bag on the floor. The two of lay on the bed, our hands connected and our eyes closing as sleep takes us into it's arms.

****

author's note:

not even joking, i want to end this book like- the next chapter. i'm so done with it, i'm loosing interest and i was more occupied on the spongebob episode i was watching than writing. probably took me 2 hours to write this damn thing. horrible piece of shit.

word count:1,074