4

Waves lapped around my ankles as I stood in the surf. Diana was standing back, out of the water's reach.

She let me enjoy the moment before walking over. "Let's walk a little bit."

I nodded and followed after her as we walked along the shoreline, towards a mountain.

"Mount Justice." Diana said when she saw where I was staring. "Come on, I know a place where we can get a better look."

With that she grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the streets of Happy Harbor and then through said streets of Happy Harbor.

Eventually we were running through woods and Diana ended up flying ahead.

"This way!"

I rolled my eyes and ran after her, ending up in a small clearing. I looked at Diana only to see that she had put sunglasses on.

"Do you want a pair?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"Your loss." She touched down on the ground and walked over to the solid surface of the rockface.

She pulled out her phone and typed something in. Something that made the ground start moving.

It lowered down into a ramp, revealing an entrance into the mountain.

"Come on. This used to be the League's old headquarters before we built the Hall of Justice." She didn't look back as she walked inside, a light scanning her and calling out some sort of designation.

I had a bad feeling in my gut, but I followed her in.

The light didn't scan me and Diana sighed in relief.

I looked at her questioningly but she just waved a hand. I gave a silent sigh.

She led me forward until we were standing by some tube things in the wall.

No one seemed to notice us. To be fair, I didn't notice them though that was probably because I'm kinda concerned about how Diana is acting.

"Am I interrupting?" Diana said, a smile on her face as she looked towards the group.

The oldest one, a woman around the same physical age as Diana flipped a teenager, pinning him to the ground.

She stood up and grabbed a jacket off of the floor. "We were just finishing. Is this the kid you were talking about?"

I turned and raised an eyebrow at Diana, who just so happened to not look my way at all.

"Yep, this is-"

A gust of wind hit me and a ginger was standing in front of me.

"Is she going to join the Team?" A wide grin spread across his face before he coughed and smoothed his hair. "I mean-"

"No, she is not joining the Team. Under no circumstances is that going to happen." Diana crossed her arms. "I already find it upsetting that your mentors were willing to bring children into this line of work."

"Then why is she here?" A younger boy asked, fixing his sunglasses.

"That's personal." The woman said. "For now, I want you guys to train with Wonder Woman. No powers."

"Can I use my powers?" Diana asked. "Just so they're prepared to fight someone in the event their powers are surpressed?"

"Go for it. And...uh...Wonder Woman what's-"

"Her name's Percy. And if she starts glaring at you, drop the subject."

"Why?"

"Trust me, just do it."

The lady nodded before leading me through some hallways and into room that had a nice little waterfall on the wall.

"My name's Dinah. Normally I wouldn't tell you my real name but since Diana trusts you with hers...Anyway, take a seat."

I stared at her, scanning her body language. She's obviously a fighter, and she's on edge.

I stayed standing, not even considering to sit on one of the green chairs.

"Percy, do you know why Diana brought you here?"

I shook my head.

"She's worried about you. She says you've been acting different and that you haven't been speaking, I'm guessing the second part is true. So if you don't want to talk to her, can you at least talk to me? Nothing you say will leave this room, Diana won't find out."

I rolled my eyes. She can't say that. So many of the gods like Diana that there have to be at least four of them listening in right now.

"I'm not lying to you Percy. I have no reason to lie to you. Diana is my friend and she cares a lot about you, and I want to help her help you. But..."  she sighed. "You understand that I had to try that first right?"

I stared at Dinah as she moved to sit down.

"I don't know why you're mute right now, I don't know if it's selective mutism or elective mutism either. But I do know how hard it is to be mute. When I was in first grade, I nearly deafened my entire class with my first canary cry. After that, I refused to speak. Granted that didn't last for long, but while it did...everyone I knew treated me differently when I refused to speak to them. They thought I was being rude, even though I was trying to protect them. I don't want you to go through the same thing."

I stared at her for a moment and then looked away. I've always been the outcast, what's another thing to add?

"I get it. This will be hard for you to do, talking about anything is hard. And when you won't or can't talk about it, it only gets more difficult."

I still didn't respond to her.

Eventually she sighed and stood back up.

"I doubt we're going to get anywhere today. I'll figure something out with Diana."

Okay!

So this is probably crap since I'm half asleep

Which is kinda bad since it's only 7:45

I slept until 8:30 took a nap from like 1 till 2

So I'm just guessing my body is taking advantage of the breaks between tennis days

Either that or I've been sleep walking again and that's made me more tired

Anyway

What do you think is gonna happen?

See yah