5

"No." I stared at Dinah. "No way in Hades."

"It might be good for her. Plus it might be easier for me to find out what kind of mutism she actually has."

I turned away from her and ran a hand through my hair. If I do this and Percy gets hurt, her father will never forgive me.

If she gets hurt...I'll never forgive myself.

"I don't want her joining the Team."

"You aren't going to give her a choice?" Dinah asked.

"No, because I know she won't want to do this."

"How do you know?"

I sighed. "Dinah, Percy is...not the best choice to be any sort of superhero and certainly not for a covert team."

"Neither was Megan. But with training-"

"It's not the training. She's more than capable of holding her own. It's the principle."

Dinah opened her mouth to respond but shut it when my apartment door opened and Percy walked in.

She was hunched forward and had her hands shoved in her hoodie pocket.

She went over to the kitchen and opened the fridge before pulling out a bottle of water. It didn't take long for her to down it.

"Percy, do you want to join the Team?" Dinah blurted out before I could stop her.

The empty bottle fell to the floor as Percy stared at her with wide eyes. I could hear the pipes groaning and I quickly went to the kitchen and grabbed a pot before turning on the faucet.

"Are you staying for dinner Dinah? I'm making spaghetti...which I should have started on a while ago." I mumbled the last bit to myself.

"No, I have a date with Ollie. But Percy? If you do want to join, just swing by the Cave."

I hear the door shut as she left and I stood in the doorway to stare at Percy.

"I don't want you to join the Team."

She turned and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Percy, I don't agree with any of the League having sidekicks. They're kids and they fight and you've already fought more than enough. And if you got hurt, I would never be able to forgive myself." I walked over to her and rested a hand on her shoulder.

She ducked her head before wrapping her arms around me in a hug.

A smile appeared on my face and I moved to the couch, forcing Percy to sit. When I sat down next to her, she curled up against me. It didn't take long for me to notice the golden dust in her hair. I didn't ask what had attacked her, it's not like I'd get an answer anyway.

Well an answer I don't need to play charades to understand.

The two of us sat there for a while, me with my hand running though her hair, Percy seemingly fighting off sleep.

"Stop fighting it Percy, you need to sleep."

She stared up at me for a second before burying her face in my side.

I sighed and pulled her onto my lap. "What is it? Why don't you want to sleep?"

She shook her head and moved so she could curl into my side again.

"Do I need to call your dad?"

Percy stiffened but didn't move.

"So that's a yes right?" I mumbled. "I'm not joking Percy, I will call your dad and ask him to talk to you. Or I could ask my dad. And I doubt he'd be anywhere near as patient as me or your dad."

I didn't get a reaction.

"Can you at least write it down?"

She shook her head.

I groaned. "So you're only going to nod, shake your head, or shrug? That's the only type of communication you're going to give me?"

She pulled away and raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, add facial expressions onto the list. But I'm going to call your dad. And if that doesn't work, your mom."

A few tears fell down her face and she rapidly shook her head.

Her arms wrapped back around me and I stared down at her as she shook. I gently returned the hug, hushing her.

I held her close to me. It probably won't be a good idea to call her dad with Percy in this state. But if anybody could get her to talk, it would be him or Sally.

My phone buzzed and I reached over to grab it. I groaned when I saw the caller ID.

"What do you want Clark?"

"Give me back my chair Diana. I know you took it."

"Why would I take your chair?"

"You know why."

"I don't have reasons Clark. Connor on the other hand does. So does Bruce. And Barry if you took his sandwich again. Everyone else has reasons, except me."

"Cut the crap, I know you read that article."

"What article?"

"Diana, I can hear your heartbeat speeding up."

"Kinda calming down the kid I'm taking care of and you're really not helping Clark. Ask Ollie if he has your chair. Bye." I hung up on him and sat my phone aside.

I ran my fingers through Percy's hair again, noticing that her breathing had slowed slightly.

"How do you feel about me leaving you here for a little bit so I can fly the chair to camp, get the Stolls to add some surprises, put the chair back at Clark's desk, and then come back here?"

Percy smiled up at me as she pulled away. She flashed me a thumbs up before walking to the kitchen.

"Don't get into too much trouble. I'll be back soon."

Hey

Hey

Guess what

I didn't procrastinate

I wrote this on SUNDAY

Along with the Aquagirl, Spidey, and half of the Odoyam Chronicles chapter

Which I published that early but I really want to enter that in the Wattys asap so I still need another chapter

Which I still need to type......

Anyway

What do you think is going to go on?

See yah