9

"Percy, where were you? We were getting worried." Megan asked.

I gestured to the door and walked over to the couch. I sat beside her and trained my eyes on the television, turning when I heard someone walk in.

"Hey Megan, do you want to train?" Connor asked.

"I do not think we should exclude Percy from our activities." Kaldur's head popped up from behind the kitchen island.

"I didn't say she couldn't train with us."

Kaldur stood up fully and sat a bag of sugar on the counter. "I was thinking I could attempt to make cookies."

My eyes widened and a smile spread across my face. I hopped up and pointed to the sugar and then to me.

"Do you wish to help?" Kaldur asked.

I nodded.

"Very well."

"Kaldur, I can make the cookies if you want to train." Megan flew over.

"I appreciate it Megan, but Connor asked you to train and I have been wanting to do this all day."

Megan nodded and she and Connor walked out of the living room, leaving me and Kaldur to measure out ingredients.

He placed a stand mixer on the counter. He looked over at me with a small smile. "I do not feel as though mixing by hand will end well."

I returned the smile and as soon as everything was mixed and the cookies placed on the sheet I gestured for Kaldur to go.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded as I shoved the sheet in the oven. I set the timer and sat on a barstool to wait for them to bake. They won't be the same as my mom's, but I'm not going to put her in danger just so I can eat some of her cookies.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I took of my hat and just flicked the lures attached to it.

The timer went off and I got up and took the cookies out of the oven, using a spatula to lay them out on the counter to cool. I washed the dishes and then sat back on the stool, eating a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie.

Another yawn escaped my lips and I leaned forward, resting my head on the cool counter.

Kaldur

I wiped my face with a towel, glancing at my friends before walking away. I walked in front of them as they no doubt held a conversation in the mind link.

The smell of cookies filled the air as I entered the living room. A smile crossed my face and I opened my mouth to thank Percy but when I looked around, I did not see her anywhere.

Frowning, I walked around the couch and I drew a sharp breath. Percy was laying on the floor, her body twisted into a position which could not have been comfortable.

I knelt down and took her pulse, relaxing only when I felt it was steady.

"Is she okay?" Megan asked.

"Her pulse is steady and her breathing appears to be unobstructed. But just to be safe we should contact Wonder Woman and put her in the infirmary. Would you mind taking her there?"

"No problem."

Percy floated into the air and Megan carried her out of the room.

"Do you like her?" Connor asked.

I shook my head. "We are entrusted with her safety. I intend to keep the trust Wonder Woman has placed in us."

"I get that, but you have never made cookies before."

"I wanted to try the recipe. Though I must admit, I have the feeling that I should know who she is. Or at the very least I should recognize her name."

"Where'd she get the hat at?" Connor picked it up off of the counter. "Neptune's lucky fishing hat."

"Neptune is the Roman god of the seas." I mumbled. "Why would she have this hat? Where would she have gotten this?"

She was not gone for long, and she has not been in Happy Harbor long enough to make good friends who would give her a gift...

I sighed. "I am going to go help Megan."

It was a short trip the infirmary where Megan was tucking a blanket around Percy.

"I don't understand. Even if she was asleep, wouldn't she have woken up when she hit the floor?" Megan looked over at me.

"Perhaps not. If she passed out she might not have." I grabbed the water pitcher off of the table and filled it up in the nearby sink. "Is there a clean cup by her?"

"Yeah, but...isn't it concerning that we've gotten injured so many times that this is a routine?"

"Megan, we knew what we were getting into when we joined this team...though I did not expect to be left lying in the desert for over twenty four hours." I mumbled the last part.

There was slight rustling as Percy rolled onto her side. Her expression twisted before returning to normal.

I reached a hand out and pushed her back over so she was on her back again. She quickly rolled back onto her side, curling up slightly.

"Who do you think that Gabe person is?" Megan questioned.

"I do not know. I think I will ask Robin to look into the matter later. Or perhaps Wonder Woman may be able to provide us with some information."

"Doubt she'll tell us." Connor leaned against the doorframe. "Hey, there's a Three's Company marathon on. Never seen it but it looks good. Want to watch?"

I looked at Megan who nodded before I responded in the same manner.

"Cool, I'll go make popcorn."

Its......

Crap I know

But I had college classes today...

I can't wait for next week cause my teacher from last year said I can hang out in her room

Good thing about taking the classes through CCP

Anyway...

I'll try to get chapters done tomorrow cause I don't have classes

Also this is only getting published cause I'm bored

See yah