19

"You could have gotten killed!" Diana paced the floor, hands sparking. "And don't even give me that look. You know I hate the fact that the other League members have kids fighting their battles."

"Wonder Woman, I have-"

"Shut up." She glared at Batman before looking back at me. "It's the same thing the gods did. Do you think I wanted to be a superhero?"

"This is our choice." Robin crossed his arms.

"I'm scolding her, not you."

I rolled my eyes. I know she didn't have a choice. No demigod has much of one.

Fight or die. Hero or villain. Those are the only things we get to choose. Everything else isn't up to us.

"Percy, let's put it this way. Do you want me to get murdered? Your mom will quite possibly kill me if you get killed."

I stared at her. Mom wouldn't hurt her, she'd stop making her cookies. Which, in my mind, is a fate worse than death. Without warning, I spun around and walked away. Her lasso settled over me and she pulled it tight.

"Okay, you know what? I'm taking you to talk to your dad. Maybe he can knock some sense into you, and he'll know I tried to stop you if you insist on being an idiot." She picked me up and draped me over her shoulder. "We need to stop by Poseidonis so I can tell Aquaman that I forgot to do what he asked me to do. Still got your necklace?"

I gave her a thumbs up the best I could, knowing she was referring to the enchanted necklace she wears and not my camp one.

"Of course you do. I'll bring her back later, if her dad doesn't ground her."

Next thing I knew, there was water. I took a deep breath and smiled, not breaking free from Diana's grasp. She tied me up, she can carry me.

The trip to my dad's palace wasn't much to talk about. Except for the multiple Atlanteans trying to attack Diana because they thought she was trying to kidnap me or she hurt me. They quickly stopped when I waved or smiled at them or when Diana said, and I quote, "She's a complete idiot and she deserves to be yelled at by her dad because she's that much of an idiot."

"Again?!"

"Quiet." Dad glared at the councilman. "Diana, why did you bring her here?"

"Oh, you know. Because she went on a mission after I told her that she's not allowed to, because she almost got killed by my father for flying, and because she risked letting them find out that you guys aren't dead."

Dad sighed. He got up and walked over, lifting me from Diana and removing the lasso. I wrapped my arms around him.

"You okay, kiddo? Delphin told me what happened."

I nodded.

"Good. If you had gotten hurt..." he trailed off and tightened his grip on me.

"Okay, is this all you're going to do?" Diana put her hands on her hips. "Because you need to tell her that-"

"I don't need you to tell me how to parent my child."

"Apparently I do, because all I've ever seen is you being affectionate. I haven't even heard anyone say anything about you scolding her or-"

"Believe me, Diana. I have my reasons for treating her this way. One of the main ones is the nature of our first real interaction."

I swallowed and I grabbed his shirt.

"Percy, you know I regret saying that to you and you know you're my favorite." Dad whispered, trying to keep Diana from hearing him.

He can keep saying that, but it won't change the fact that he told me I was a mistake. It won't change the fact that I spent so much of my life hating him for leaving. It won't change that I hated myself because if a god, my dad, told me I was a mistake than I had to be.

"Can you at the very least say something about getting enough sleep? Cause she doesn't."

"Percy, sleep is important." Dad said before releasing me. I quickly moved to his back and hung onto him.

"My lord, this is highly inappropriate." An older merman spoke.

"If my daughter wants a piggyback ride, I see nothing wrong with that and I see nothing wrong with giving her one." He said. "We can pick this meeting up later. I want to see if she still has any injuries."

He walked away and nobody said anything as I turned to stick my tongue out at them.

I dropped from Dad onto the couch in the living room. He knelt on the ground and grabbed my arm. He looked at my exposed skin and then at my other arm. Water swirled around my arms and the cuts and bruises from getting thrown through a windshield healed. I could feel the ones on my face heal.

"There you go." Dad smiled at me. He sat in the corner of the couch. "Do you want to stay here for a little bit or do you want to go back to that place?"

I leaned against him as an answer. He rubbed my back. "I'm guessing this means you want to stay. Come here, kiddo." He pulled me up until I was laying against him like I would against Mom. It was fairly easy for me to relax and let Dad mess with my hair.

"Percy."

"What do you want Diana?" Dad sighed. "I want to spend time with my daughter."

"Well, I have something I need her to do so that's going to have to wait."

....

I wanna sleep and that's my excuse for this

I haven't been in the mood to type, like I want to do it, but I just can't

Always fun.

Anyway

Merry Day after Christmas

See yah