23

Kaldur and Artemis rushed down to me.

"What the hell happened to you?" Artemis knelt down. Meanwhile, Kaldur scanned the area for threats.

"Artemis, perhaps asking someone who is nonverbal that question is not the best option."

"Well do you have-"

She was cut off as I cried out in pain. Water had wrapped tightly around my leg and tried to pull me back into the ocean. I wrapped my good arm around her and held tight. The water's grip on me loosened as I continued to whimper in pain.

"Did...the ocean harm you?" Kaldur asked, staring at the water still around my leg.

Dad clearly did not like being accused of hurting me, based on the increased size of the waves. More water wrapped around me and I struggled, ignoring the searing pain from my collarbone.

Tears ran down my face and both Artemis and Kaldur tried to free me from the grasp of my father's domain. It didn't have much effect.

"Percy!" Diana flew over. She glared at the water. "Let her go."

The water churned angrily. I swallowed. One of these days my dad is going to lose his temper. She's only gotten away with talking to him the way she has because his temper has mellowed since ancient times. If Dad was still like all of those stories...

"I don't care. If she tried to leave, then she probably didn't want to be- No she's not my kid. Oh, really? And what have you done for her besides get her hurt?"

There is no way this is ending well. The only thing keeping me from full out panicking is Dad won't risk hurting me. At least I hope he won't hurt me.

The ocean stilled.

My mouth went dry. This is not good.

Water swirled around itself until Dad stood with his arms crossed.

"I am giving you one chance to apologize, Diana. You may be my brother's favored child, but you are talking to a god."

I glanced towards Artemis and Kaldur, only to see them lying unconscious. Huh, convenient.

If Dad really wanted her in trouble he could have just left them awake.

"And you might be Percy's dad, but that doesn't mean you know what's best for her. I'm trying to do my best to keep her happy and whatever you're doing isn't helping."

Dad's shoulders fell. "Diana, listen to me. I want her to be happy too, but I want her healthy. Look at her, she can't stand on her own and if a monster attacks, she's in no condition to defend herself. Percy would be a burden for you to care for and the children here would face the same risk. Percy would rather die than let them get hurt. The best option is to have her in my palace, where I can watch over her."

Diana tightened her grip on me and said nothing.

Dad sighed. "I really thought you would be able to piece together the other reasons why I want her there. So much for Owl Head's gift of wisdom."

"I know why. But I don't think Percy does."

I glanced at Dad. He walked over and knelt next to me. A callosed hand rested on the side of my face.

"Diana, can you...?"

"Yeah." She tried to move away but I grabbed her arm and stared up at her. I don't want to go back. I don't want to be stuck there.

"Percy, kiddo, I won't force you to go back, okay? I just need you to listen to me." Dad turned my face back to his. "I need you to know why I want you to stay with me."

I hesitated before nodding.

Dad smiled, but it quickly fell away. "When I told you my brother was thinking of closing Olympus, that was not the full truth. He is speaking of forbidding all contact with our children. He says it has weakened Olympus. Normally I would not care and take measures to see you in secret, but...he wants to kill you. He wants me to kill you. I thought if I could keep you in my palace it would be easier to-"

My eyes widened and I stared at him. My heart pounded against my ribs and my breathing grew shallow.

"I'm not going to do it." Dad said hurriedly, but the damage was done. I couldn't breath. My heart felt like it was about to burst.

I was pulled to his chest and I grabbed his shirt, almost as if instinct. He kissed my head a couple times.

"Sh. Don't worry. I'm not letting any harm come to you at his hands. Come on, I need you to calm down. I know it might be hard to do, but I need you to try to calm down."

It took me a little bit, but I did calm down. I rested my head against him, a few stray tears falling down my cheeks.

"There you go." Dad soothed. "There you go, baby." He ran his fingers through my hair. "There are so many other reasons I want you in my palace. I won't bore you with them. But I have my reasons."

I managed a smile and pulled away from Dad. He returned the smile, and he kissed my forehead.

"I'm not letting him hurt you. Now, since I'm most definitely going to be in trouble for openly defying my dear younger brother, how about we go inside? I need to finish talking to your cousin."

I nodded and Dad moved me off of his lap. He stood up before bending and lifting me into his arms.

"Should I wake those two up or should I let the seagulls do that?" Dad asked innocently.

I don't know what he decided to do, but I really want it to be seagull. Because that would be hilarious to see.

Hm....

Here's a question. Completely random.

What kind of whump do you guys like?

For those of you who don't know, whump is where the character gets hurt in some way

Emotional

Physical

Illness

Honestly I like emotional better because it's harder to pick up the pieces

Might also be because I was apparently emotionally abused as a child. Did not know it constituted as emotional abuse until this year but *shrug*

That's why my mom got me out of that house.

Only after...like 5 years of spending every weekend and summer there.

Yeah, that's a 'fun' tidbit about me.

Anyway, anywho, anywhy

See yah