15

When I woke up, I was cold. I sighed and rolled over. I gathered more blankets around me. A second later I shot up.

I looked around the room, searching for Dad. I didn't see him. My shoulders fell and I laid back down. I know I told him I didn't want him here but I thought he'd at least stay until I woke up.

Am I really that unimportant to him? That he'll leave without saying goodbye?

I pulled my knees to my chest, staring at the wall.

Does he think that I should be left alone? That I'm dangerous and he's checking up on me? He forgot about being drunk, so what if he faked that so I would trust him more? Does he just want me to be a weapon again?

My chest rose and fell rapidly and my breathing was choppy. Tears welled up in my eyes before trailing down my face. My arms were wrapped tightly around my stomach and my fingers dug into my sides.

My chest hurt and I was getting really lightheaded to the point where I thought I was going to pass out.

Somehow I managed to get up and stumble towards the showers. I turned on the water and sank to the floor. And I just sat there.

"Percy? Are you-" Megan stopped midsentence. The shower turned off.

Before I knew what was happening, a towel was wrapped around me and I was scooped up.

"She's cold." Connor said. "And her heart's beating really fast."

He carried me away from the showers, keeping his grip on me even as I fought against him.

Before I knew it I was placed on the couch.

"Why is she-"

"She was sitting underneath the shower and only had the cold water running." Megan interrupted Kaldur. "I'm going to get more towels."

"Connor, go contact Black Canary and Wonder Woman." Kaldur said before moving in front of me.

"On it."

Kaldur grabbed my wrists and I kicked at him. He took the kick without complaint and pried my arms from my stomach. When he succeeded with that he pulled me off of the couch and onto his lap.

Like earlier, I fought and like earlier, he kept his grip on me.

It soon settled in my mind that fighting wouldn't accomplish anything and I stopped. I pulled my knees closer to my chest.

"Here Kaldur."

"Thank you Megan." The wet towel was removed from around me and a new, warm one was wrapped around me.

Another towel was placed on my head and they wrung the water out of my hair before rubbing to finish drying it.

"Let me see her!"

I was pulled up into the air and my eyes widened as I started falling. I was caught under the arms and pulled into another hug.

"It's okay Percy, I've got you." Diana said. "You're safe."

"Do we know what happened?" Dinah asked.

"No. I was looking for her and Connor heard the water running in the shower for a long time so we went to look and she was sitting there curled up."

"She was probably having a panic attack." Dinah said. "I could try to get her to talk about it but we both know that probably won't happen. I could try some exposure therapy if you think that would help."

"I doubt it would. She's stubborn and I doubt you'd be able to get her to do anything she doesn't feel like doing." Diana ran her fingers through my hair and my eyes closed.

Diana

Percy relaxed against me and I sighed in relief. She's asleep. Good.

I mean it's not good that she had a panic attack which tired her out, but she's sleeping.

"Um. Her dad came over last night and-"

"Her father was here?!" My eyes were wide.

"Yeah, why?" Connor asked.

I cursed under my breath. "Did he leave before or after Percy went to sleep?"

"After." Megan said.

That explains it. Percy may act like she doesn't care about the gods or what they think of her. She might act like she could care less about her dad but...

She does. She cares about what her dad thinks about her. She wants him to care about her. And if there's one thing I know about Percy, she wants him to want to protect her.

"What does that have to do with anything? And why was he here in the first place?" Connor asked.

I swallowed. "It doesn't concern you. I'm going to put her back to bed. I'll stay here until she wakes up."

I didn't give them time to say anything to the contrary. I walked towards the bedrooms and entered Percy's room. I laid her down and pulled her blankets over her. I tucked them around her and brushed some hair away from her face.

I sat on the edge of the mattress and stared down at her.

Why did the water actually affect her? Why didn't her powers keep her dry?

The only thing I could think of was she was trying to calm herself down with the water. I'm just glad her powers didn't react in a different way.

If the League finds out I've been lying to them about the gods, things will not end well.

Though Percy destroying the entire Cave's plumbing or making a hurricane indoors wouldn't be the greatest thing in the world either.

Sighing I shook my head.

I know what I'm going to do later.

Okay so I'm laying on my uncles couch right now waiting for my cousins to wake up.

There's a dog on the floor below me

My aunt and uncle are watching TV

My cousin's kid is messing with a clock

And my phone is at 41%

Anyway

See yah