22

Everything hurt and when I cracked opened my eyes, it was blurry. I yawned.

"Good morning." Dad looked at me, worry shining in his eyes. "You feeling okay?"

I offered him a smile, one he quickly returned. He moved onto the bed and pulled me up into a hug. He kissed the side of my head.

"I love you." He mumbled. "I love you so much and I'm so sorry I let this happen to you."

I relaxed into his embrace only for him to pull me away. He rested a hand on the side of my face. He stared at me.

I rolled my eyes and pressed myself against him. He wrapped an arm gingerly around me and kissed the side of my head.

"I'm sorry." His voice wavered. "I can't say it enough and I never will be able to."

Honestly, I wanted to tell him to shut up and just hold me. I feel safe with him and I want to be able to relax. My stomach growled.

"Are you hungry?"

I didn't respond to him.

"Percy, you need to eat if you're hungry. You need strength to heal."

I shook my head. Dad sighed and before I knew it a glass was pressed to my lips. I drank the nectar without arguement. Warmth spread through my body and I really wish I would have eated some cookies when I had the chance.

Sure, Mom knows I'm alive. Sure, Gabe is dead. But Gabe was never the reason I stayed away. I don't want monsters to target Mom. Plus I kinda like staying at the Cave, it's fun in it's own way. In other words, I don't want to go back to Mom's.

"Are you sure you feel okay?" Dad brushed a piece of hair away from my face.

I nodded and shifted slightly. My fingers grasped the loose material of his shirt. Dad chuckled.

"You comfortable, kiddo?"

Another nod and I closed my eyes. The heat radiating from his body attempted to lure me back to sleep, something that alarmed Dad.

"Percy?" The worry was clear in his voice.

My eyes cracked open before I very purposely snuggled closer to him. I don't know how else I can make it clear that I want him to hold me, to protect me. The movement jarred my collarbone and I cried out, tears welling.

"Hold still." Dad moved me off of his lap and immediately began fussing over me. He mumbled something about how he wished he could do more to help me heal before leaving.

I frowned. Okay, so is he just going to leave me here without any sort of goodbye or explanation? Rude.

Turns out he was getting me food. He came back, summoned a bed table, and placed the plate on it.

"I want you to eat okay? And then we can talk about where you're going to stay. Or, I guess, I can talk and you can nod."

I picked up the fork and ate whatever he had placed in front of me. It didn't taste bad, but I wouldn't eat it again. Once I was done, I stared up at Dad.

His shoulders fell as he returned to gaze. "I know this isn't going to be the best option for you, but I want you to stay here, with me. I want to take care of you, kiddo. I can't stand seeing you hurt like this and...Diana's right. You shouldn't be fighting Percy. You could get seriously injured and I won't be there to save you."

Like that's any different than what my life has been since I found out I was a demigod. Everything's been one fight after another and now he wants me to stop.

I know I sound like I'm contradicting myself, but just because I want to feel safe doesn't mean I want to give up who I am. And at this point, fighting is part of me.

I shook my head.

Dad crossed his arms. "This isn't your choice. I'm not letting you keep putting yourself in danger. I haven't really been a father to you, but I fully intend to start. You are staying here and that's final."

I scowled, but I couldn't do anything to argue with him. He tried to ruffle my hair, but I flinched away, glaring up at him.

He sighed. "I'm doing this for your own good, you're not going to change my mind so you might as well try to get some more rest."

This time when he left, I could hear the lock click. That would be an obstacle, but he forget about the open window. I smiled and pushed myself off of the bed. This is going to be easy. I used the water to propel myself out the window. I moved as fast as I could without injuring myself more. I need to put as much distance between me and my dad as possible.

Percy? You should be resting. Delphin swam over. Come on, I'll take you back to the palace.

I shook my head, continuing towards shore.

If you don't come with me, I'm going to tell your dad and I doubt he'll be happy.

I stopped and looked at Delphin.

Percy, you're basically my niece and I don't like seeing you hurt. You need to go back to your dad's and rest.

I pressed my lips together, shook my head again. Swimming away, I could see where waves were rolling onto shore and a brief smile settled onto my face.

I made it up onto shore, at which point I remembered the fact that my leg was broken. I collapsed to the sand.

"Percy!"

It was crap but...

Hey, what happened to all the baked bean commercials when the dog would try to steal the recipe? Now he just sits there and talks about his fur or whatever

Is there anything you want to see?

And...

See yah