14

"Hey Percy! You're back!" Megan flew over. "Robin and Wally just...uh, who is this?"

"I'm Don, Percy's father. It's nice to meet you." Dad rested a hand on my shoulder. "I want to make sure she's in good hands. Don't want anything to happen to my princess after all."

I rolled my eyes and elbowed him.

"What? Did I embarrass you? Not like you haven't done that to me before. Or at the very least, you made my brother bite my head off. Figuratively of course."

Only in this family is that a needed specification.

"How did you get in here?" Robin asked. "All of the doors have sensors to alert us to unauthorized people. And same with the Zeta Tubes."

"I have my ways. One of which happens to be Wonder Woman gave me authorization when she brought Percy here."

"How long will you be staying with us?" Kaldur asked.

Dad shrugged. "A couple days maybe? Depends on how safe Percy is. And if my wife gets mad at me." He chuckled.

"He's not rooming with me." Connor said.

"I can sleep on the floor in Percy's room." Dad said, taking his hat off of my head and putting it on his.

I frowned and jumped, taking it back.

"So is that your hat?" Kaldur asked my dad.

"Not really. It's just a habit I have from picking on my older brother. If you excuse me, I'm going to have Percy show me around."

I nodded and pulled Dad towards the living room.

As we made our way through the Cave, Dad kept placing his hand on my shoulder as if to make sure I was still there.

I opened the door to my room and walked inside, jumping onto my bed.

Dad sat down. "This place is nice."

I nodded and stared at the ceiling.

"Do you care that I'm here?"

I sighed. I don't want to hurt his feelings but... I nodded.

"So you...don't want me here?"

I nodded again.

"Why?"

If I could get the words out I could give him a million reasons.

The questions that would get asked, what his brother would do, what the other demigods would think if they found out...

The monsters.

"I'll stay for tonight and then I'll leave. I just want to make sure you're-" he stopped when I sat up.

I pressed a kiss to his cheek. I love him, but I don't need to be watched over every second of the day. And I'll admit, having him here would be sorta nice but...

I could barely live with the expectations the gods had of me at camp but if Dad was living here I doubt I could deal with it.

Dad pulled me to him. "It's late. You should get to bed."

I tilted my head and stared at him.

"I'm going to finish some stuff for meetings I have tomorrow." He pressed a kiss to my head and released me.

I laid back down and pulled a blanket over me.

"Goodnight my child." Dad mumbled.

Megan

"Do you think that was really her dad?" Wally asked.

"They look a lot alike." I said.

"Doesn't mean a lot." Wally crossed his arms. "There are plenty of people who can shapeshift. For all we know he could just be pretending to be her dad."

"Well, I'm going to go see if he needs  blanket or a pillow." I said and flew off towards the rooms.

I knocked on the door to Percy's room.

"Come in."

I opened the door and saw Don sitting on the bed, chewing on the end of a pen.

Percy was laying beside him, fast asleep.

"What do you want?" Don asked without looking up from the papers in his hands.

"Do you need a blanket or a pillow?"

"I'll be fine. Thanks for asking."

"What are you working on?" I asked.

"Paperwork. You'd think being a fisherman would be easier than it is. But they get after you if you don't release the small ones. And if you don't file these. I wouldn't give it up, but I would appreciate it not being as hard to get approval."

"Where do you fish?"

"Deep sea. There's a lot of red tape with that." Don sighed. "I need you to do me a favor."

"What is it?" I asked, curious.

"Keep her safe. I know my daughter and if I stay here, she's just going to get upset because she thinks I'm babying her. But when I leave, she's just going to do something stupid. So please, try to keep her from doing anything too stupid."

"I don't know...this seems more like something you should ask Wonder Woman."

"I would but she's given up at trying to keep Percy from doing stuff. But please try to keep her safe."

Don sat his papers and pen to the side before looking at Percy. "She's never done this before. I could have understood it if she was only refusing to talk to me but since she's not talking to anyone...I don't know what's going on with her. And I can't constantly be watching her here. I wanted her to stay with me but Wonder Woman said it would be better for Percy to stay with her. I trusted her. But now with Gabe back, I don't want to take any chances. So please, promise me that you will watch out for her."

"I'll do my best."

Don smiled and stood up. "I think I should get home. My wife will probably be upset with me as it is. It was nice to meet you. And remember, don't let her get hurt."

Somehow, that sounded like a threat.

Hi guys

Have some trash

It's not even crap it's just trash

I didn't know where I was going with this at the beginning and I still don't

Anyway

Anything y'all want to see?

Uh.........................

Uh.......

Um....

See yah