6

"Percy, keep your guard up."

I rolled my eyes and disarmed Diana, her sword clattering to the ground.

"Were you seriously going easy on me?" She raised an eyebrow.

I nodded before bending to pick up her sword. I tossed it to her, she caught it by the hilt and sheathed it.

"Well, what do you want to do now?" She pulled out a notebook and flipped it open. "We could go get some ice cream."

I nodded.

She stared at me in surprise before closing the notebook. "That was easier than I thought it would be. Blue Moon?"

I nodded.

"Well, come on. There's a place I usually go with some of the guy I work with. Really good. But it gets kind of busy. So it'll probably be better if you wait at the park."

I flashed her a thumbs up and the two of us started towards the closest park. I sat on a park bench and watched kids playing on the playset.

My fingers tapped against the bench and I kept glancing around.

Nothing attacked me, which I'm very much thankful for.

"We need to go."

I looked up. Diana grabbed my arm and pulled me up. She pulled me through streets, so fast she actually started flying.

All the while she was mumbling curses, most of which I've learned from Arion.

She stopped, grabbed me underneath my arms, and started flying faster.

My eyes widened as she flew over the water, close enough for me to skim the surface of the water.

She landed on the back side of the Hall of Justice and hurried me inside. She guided me through the halls into a library.

Diana walked to the Zeta Tube and typed something in before a light scanned her.

"Come over here."

I did as she said and the same light scanned me, calling out my name and like...b zero seven.

Diana pushed me into the tube. I disappeared before reappearing inside of the Cave.

"Who are you?"

I stared at Batman, not responding as Diana arrived.

"Wonder Woman, why did you bring a-"

"Listen to me. She is staying here." Diana's voice wavered. "You are not arguing with me about this."

"And why should I let her stay here?"

"Because she's in danger."

My head snapped to look at her and I opened my mouth before closing it.

She looked at me. "You'll be safe here. Trust me."

"Who is she in danger from? Killer Frost? Joker? Bane? Vertigo?" Kid Flash sped over and rested his arm on my shoulder.

I pressed my lips together and flipped him.

"Ow..."

I smirked and looked at the other kids.

"You look familar to me." Aqualad said, narrowing his eyes. "Though I cannot seem to place you."

"Wonder Woman, what do you mean she's in danger?" Robin asked.

"And I thought you said you didn't want her to join." Superboy added.

Diana sighed. "I would rather have her anywhere else, but right now this is the safest place for her to be."

I stopped paying attention to her conversation with Batman and instead looked to the teenagers.

They were looking between each other like they were in the middle if a conversation, though no words left their lips. I frowned.

"Guys, we're being rude." Kid Flash wrapped his arm around my shoulder again, this time being careful to stand so I couldn't flip him as easily. "You're Percy right?"

I nodded.

Aqualad frowned. "Your name seems familar as well. How do you know Wonder Woman?"

"She doesn't talk." Diana said before going back to her conversation with Batman.

If you don't like-

Miss Martain gasped in pain and pressed her hands to her head.

"What did you do to her?" Superboy growled.

"If you wish to get an answer from her, I suggest you become well acquainted with charades." Diana said.

"I still don't understand why you are having her stay here. And why you want the League to go after that man." Batman said.

"Because if I get my hands on that godsdamned bastard, I am going to murder him. And don't give me that look, I know the Team has heard worse."

Batman narrowed his eyes at Diana. "She can stay. But only if she joins the Team."

"You know what. Percy, how do you feel about staying with your dad?"

I stared at her before rapidly shaking my head.

"Good, I'll just drop you off there."

I glared at her and she sighed. "I'm trying to keep you safe. Which I'm marveling at the fact your mother was able to keep you alive for this long."

Honestly I'm surprised at that too. I mean, I was a troubled kid growing up. Shooting cannons into a bus, dumping class into shark tank, blowing up a bus, blowing up the St Louis Arch, a fight with Ares that looked like a gun fight...

Huh, I'm honestly surprised people haven't kept saying I'm a terrorist, I mean some of those things happened before my 'kidnapping'.

"What are you keeping her safe from exactly?" Artemis asked.

Oh man I'm so glad I paid attention when Diana told me who these kids are.

Speaking of Diana, she looked hesitant to answer. She refused to look at me. Her hand reached for her lasso and she wrapped it around her wrist before looking me straight in the eyes

"Gabe is alive."

So, technically speaking this was supposed to be for yesterday cause its August now but...

Yeah....

Thank you-

*realizes I'm in my bedroom and have no screenshots or service to see who suggested this*

*is too lazy to get up look and change this*

*is listening to Fall Out Boy CD on repeat*

*wants to sleep but mandatory for tennis starts today*

Anyway thank you ransome person I cant remember the name of at the moment

And uh...

See yah