17

"What were you thinking?!"

Guards moved towards me but stopped when Poseidon spoke.

"What is it, Diana?"

"My lord, may we please continue with this meeting?" A merman asked.

"In a moment. Now, what are you talking about?"

I glared at him. "I'm talking about leaving before Percy woke up."

"She said she didn't want me there and one of my meetings got moved up. I saw no harm in leaving early."

"You saw no harm in leaving your daughter, the girl who is the most fragile she's ever been, without even saying goodbye?"

"Diana, she told me herself that she did not want me to be there. I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of this.

"Because she had a panic attack."

The whispers that were being passed around the room stopped. In the silence, my uncle stared at me.

The water seemed to change and a lot of the mermen had pale faces.

"It was because you left."

Poseidon stood up and a few of the people in the room sank in their seats.

"That's a bold accusation." He growled. "Do you really think that I would do something that would affect my daughter like that?!"

"Well, you did! Despite how she acts, she cares about how you think about her. You leaving without saying goodbye had to make her upset. Add that onto whatever made her stop talking and it's no wonder she had a panic attack."

The water went back to normal and Poseidon looked away.

I opened my mouth to say something. Before I could, he disappeared.

Well, that's just great.

Poseidon

I appeared in Percy's room and instantly froze.

She laid on her bed, her body shaking as muffled crying filled the air.

I- I didn't believe Diana. I was going to get Percy to prove her wrong but...

I sat on the bed. The crying stopped, though the shaking became worse.

"You okay, kiddo?" I asked, though I knew the answer.

Percy rolled over to stare at me and my heart fell. I leaned over and pulled her to me. She wiped her eyes and I grabbed ahold of her hands, staring at her arms. Staring at where her nails had dug into her skin.

I sighed and pulled her so her arms were wrapped around me.

She pulled away and glared at me.

"Do you really think that I don't care about you?" I mumbled. "Do you think that I only think of you as a weapon like my brother does?"

She took too long to come up with a response.

"I guess that makes me a bad father." I swallowed. I lifted a hand and rested it on her shoulder. "But I do love you. I love you so much and I never want you to think otherwise okay? If you ever want to spend time with me, come visit and I'll make time. I'll do whatever I have to do to prove this to you."

A smile spread across Percy's face and she started crying again. She tried to wipe them away but I grabbed her wrists, holding them loosely.

"Crying is a good thing, kiddo." I released her and she immediately climbed onto my lap. She wrapped her arms around my torso and held to me tightly.

Relief settled over me. I have my daughter close. She's right here and she's safe.

I know I'm going to get yelled at later, but I'm not letting Percy think I don't love her. I don't want her thinking that I'm like Zeus.

Percy shifted and I pressed a kiss to her head. She poked my cheek before dropping her hand and nestling close to my chest.

I didn't know what some of that was about, so I commented on the part I did know. "Tired, kiddo?"

She nodded.

"Go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up."

She raised an eyebrow.

"I promise. I'm not going anywhere."

Percy didn't seem to believe it, but she eventually fell asleep. She was drooling on my shirt, but I couldn't find it in my heart to move her.

I smiled and laid back. My own eyes began to shut but I refused to fall asleep.

There was a knock at the door and I waved my hand. The door locked.

"Percy, Black Canary wants to talk to you." A boy said.

A while after he left, Percy stirred. She lifted her head and stared at me with bleary eyes.

"Hi." I said, sitting up. "Black Canary wanted to talk to you so you might want to go do that."

Percy nodded and got up. She grabbed a hair tie from the dresser and put her hair up.

She left me sitting there. A sigh escaped my lips and I dissipated into a mist before following after Percy.

I found her sitting in a room with a blonde. Percy stared at the waterfall fixture and I moved behind her.

Almost instantly she realized I was there. She looked over her shoulder at me before turning back to the woman.

"Are you sure you're okay?" The woman asked.

Percy nodded.

"Okay. If you say you're okay...how do you feel about going on a mission with the Team? You have the training so if you want to, I won't tell Diana."

I hoped that she was going to shake her head. That she would decide to not put herself in danger.

But she nodded.

I hate cleaning

Also fair warning there will be no updates next weekend

Sword and Shield cone out and I'll be playing that

Or studying or cleaning

Anyway

What do you want to see guys?

And since I don't have anything else to talk about

See yah