8

"Where are you going?" Megan asked.

I gestured to the door and without waiting for a response, I walked away. I made my way to the back door and walked out onto the beach.

A sea breeze swirled around me and a smile spread across my face. I took off my shoes and went down to the water.

As the waves came in and lapped around my ankles, I glanced around making sure no one was around. I walked into the water, taking a deep breath before darting away.

It didn't take long for me to get to my dad's palace.

As soon as I entered, hands grabbed me and lifted me up.

Dad smiled. "Hey, kiddo. Didn't think you'd show up."

I stared at him, waiting for him to tell me why he wanted to talk to me.

He let go of me and walked away, pausing to make sure I was following. Once he was sure I was, he kept walking. We ended up in the living room.

Dad sat on a couch and patted the spot next to him. I sat down, my hands folded in my lap.

After a few awkward minutes, Dad reached over and pulled me so I was leaning against him. He messed with my hair for a little bit before he said anything.

"Are you okay?" He mumbled. "I know the war had to have been hard on you."

I glanced up at him before shifting so I was laying more comfortably.

"Percy, answer me."

Sitting up I looked at Dad. He met my eyes and sighed before pulling me into a tight hug.

I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his shoulder. Dad kissed the side of my head, still holding me close to him.

"It's okay if you want to cry." He whispered. "It's okay if you cry."

There was silence for a few minutes.

"Percy, please...cry. I need to know there's some piece of you who's human. I need to know that you're still my little girl and not a monster."

I pulled away from him and pulled out Riptide, uncapping it and pricking my finger.

Red swirled in the water before the cut healed.

Dad sighed. "That's not what I meant. The girl I knew...my beautiful little girl, she cried when her enemy died. Yet you haven't shed a tear for anyone who's died."

I looked away, capping Riptide and shoving it back into my pocket.

If I cry...it makes it that much more real.

"Why aren't you talking to me? Are you angry with me? With us gods?"

I shook my head.

"Then what is it?"

My shoulders fell and I leaned over to kiss his cheek. Then I stole his hat.

He chuckled and didn't try to get it back. "Do you want to borrow that?"

I nodded.

"Go ahead. Actually, go ahead and keep it. Amphitrite has an entire closet of them, she thinks I don't know."

I smiled and hugged him again.

"Why won't you tell- Diana?"

I looked over and sure enough an Iris Message had appeared.

"Um...well, I'm guessing you've figured out that she's not talking."

"Yes, and I'd like to know why that's the case."

"I don't know. I had a friend of mine try to talk to her, but that didn't end well. But that's not why I called."

Dad raised an eyebrow. "And what's the reason you called?"

"Percy's first step-father is alive. He came back to life and I managed to convince the League to try and get him because..." she looked at me, hesitant to finish her statement. "If he finds Sally or Percy he's probably going to try to kill them."

"You know about what he would do to them?" Dad asked.

"Wait, you did?"

He sighed. "I kept an eye on Percy and I did as much as I could to protect her without your father learning of her existence. Unfortunately, I couldn't protect them from everything that monster did."

Dad pulled me onto his lap and wrapped his arms around me yet again. I didn't complain, Hades I didn't even want to complain.

"Are uh you going to do anything or...?" Diana rubbed the back of her head.

"I'll arrange for someone to watch over them. As for Percy, I don't think her mother would mind if I kept her here for-"

"Sally doesn't know Percy's back, or even alive."

"What?" Dad's voice was steely and I sank in his grip.

"Percy never told her. She's living with me. And please don't keep her there. She needs help...professional help that isn't Apollo."

I glared at her.

"Percy, you know I'm right. You've never stopped talking like this before and trauma can cause you to stop talking. And besides, you know how my dad will get if he finds out you're staying with your dad."

Okay, I can't argue with that. Zeus would through a hissy fit and would declare war or something just as bad.

I sighed and got up, before swimming towards the door.

"Hold on a second Percy." Dad called and I paused in the doorway.

He walked over to me and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "Please be safe, little girl. Don't get into too much trouble. And I might not be able to see you for a while. My brother is speaking of closing Olympus off again. He's just being a god of drama so I doubt we'll vote in favor of it. I love you."

Okay so...

Technically I won my match today

Cause the other girl forfeited cause she got sick and um...

Updates might be weird this week but...

Do you guys have ideas?

I have a bunch of stuff so I'm busy

Any ideas are appreciated

Anyway

See yah