13

"Percy..." Chiron mumbled. "You obviously are not fine. What is it?"

I shook my head and held tighter to him, tears still falling down my face.

Without a struggle, Chiron lifted me up and sat me on his back.

"Uh, I thought you don't like people riding on your back?" Mr D asked.

"Normally I don't, but I am making an exception so I can get her to her cabin without any younger campers bothering her. Her father said that he wanted me to talk to her and that seems like the best place to do so."

Chiron walked off of the porch and down behind the cabins, probably so less people would notice us.

Once at my cabin I slid off of his back and walked inside, smiling as the familar scent surrounded me.

"Do you have any idea what your father wished for us to talk about?"

I shook my head and walked over to the windowsill, where some plants were still growing. I stared at them, half wondering where Tyson was at the moment.

"Have you been taking their deaths well?"

I shrugged.

"I want a direct answer Percy."

My shoulders fell and I looked at him. What kind of question is that?

He knows my fatal flaw so he has to know that I'm tearing myself apart about this and if that wasn't enough I have to deal with Gabe being back and...

I bit the inside of my lip so I wouldn't start crying again.

He rested his hand on my shoulder and turned me. "Percy."

I pulled away from him and sat on my bunk. He stared down at me as I twirled Riptide around my fingers.

I tossed it to him and he caught it.

"What do you want me to do with this?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"I don't know what that means Percy. You need to-"

"She's refusing to talk."

I almost hurt my neck as I whipped my head to stare at my dad who was standing in the corner.

"Lord Poseidon?" Chiron bowed. "If I may ask, why are you here?"

Dad sighed. "I forgot to tell you that she's not talking. It slipped my- uh, Percy? What are you doing?"

I immediately dropped my arms from around him and looked away.

"Oh, no. I wasn't upset kiddo. I just..." Dad sighed. "Chiron can you come back in about ten minutes or so? I want to talk to her privately."

I opened my mouth to protest but then closed it. Even if I said anything it wouldn't matter, mainly cause he had already left.

Dad wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him. I relaxed into his warmth and returned the hug.

When he let go of me I stared at him with my head tilted slightly to the side.

"You looked like you needed a hug." Dad said. "Though to be honest you probably need a lot more than one."

I continued to stare at him. Does he not remember...?

"You're kinda freaking me out. Everything okay?"

I guess he really doesn't remember.

I gave a silent chuckle and hugged him again.

He stood there awkwardly and lightly patted my back.

"Kiddo, you know I didn't have Diana bring you here so we could hug right?"

I nodded, but still didn't let go.

It doesn't matter to me that he's the reason my life is hard or that he's the reason I'm constantly in danger. All that matters to me is that he wants to keep me safe. And he can actually keep me safe. If anyone can keep something bad from happening...if anyone can keep Gabe from hurting me again... it's him.

"Are you...crying?" Dad mumbled. "Wait, you're actually crying!" He laughed and spun me around.

My eyes widened and I kicked him in the stomach, causing me to fall to the ground.

"What in my brother's name was that for?!"

Picking myself off of the floor I glared at him. The air in the cabin grew more and more humid until a fish could have survived.

Dad rolled his eyes and the humidity disappeared. "I know you use that as a threat but I can easily reverse anything you attempt."

I frowned and looked down. Why did I freak out?

He sighed. "You need to talk to someone, anyone. Me, Chiron, Diana, any of those kids you're staying with."

He doesn't understand. Me not talking isn't just a refusal at this point. Even if I wanted to, I can't form the words I need. And the few times I've lifted my hands for sign language, I've frozen before I could form the first sign.

We stood in silence, at least until there was a knock at the door.

"I'm going to go, but I want to know one thing. Why are you being affectionate towards me? Normally you keep your distance until I hug you or something."

I grabbed a water bottle and took a drink, before pointing to him and then back to the bottle.

Dad looked confused and then I made the drinking gesture and pointed to him.

At least i can manage that.

"Wait, I was drunk? When?"

"Is it okay for me to come in?"

"Not yet." Dad looked towards the door. "I was drunk around you?"

I nodded.

He pressed a kiss to my cheek. "I'm going to come with you to where you are staying. I want to...well, I want to be close by you. Just in case. Okay?"

There's no way to get out of this.

I nodded.

"Good. Chiron! We're leaving!"

Welp

Have some of this crap

I had a shot to go to districts but my ankle hurt and the girl I was playing was on my team and I wasn't standing between her and a new puppy

And uh...

What do you guys want to see?

I'm going to get food

See yah