Episode 6: Football

It was already November. It's been long since Val had meddled into anything unusual. Everyone has acted normally. Even if they didn't, Val didn't bother to peek into any mistakes that they would've made. Val knew that she couldn't just shrug off Jazz's warning.

As usual, classes were very normal. In Language Arts, the class was currently reading Of Men and Mice, which told the story of two farmers. Val found the book really interesting and enjoyed reading it. Math taught the class about graphing certain formulas and equations. It was still the most boring class out of all of them.

In Physical Education, the class played Soccer. The team line up was:

Red:
Jak Kerr
Sty Xero
Jasmin Park
Neos Chara
Adrian Stolfo
Robert Tyler

Blue:
Brian Silkbrood
Valeria Kuro
Kaleb Armani
Yuri Godrasil
Carly Samson
Brock Paisley

The other classmates were spectators.

On offense for the red team were Jak, Styx, and Robert. On defense were Jazz, Neos, and Adrian.

On offense for the blue team were Brian, Kaleb, and Carly. On defense were Val, Yuri, and Brock.

The match immediately started with Jak kicking off the soccer ball. However, Kaleb immediately ran after it and kicked it back onto Jak's side of the field. It seemed like Kaleb was the fastest out of the entire class! It's like he wasn't even trying to hide his ability!

However, Neos rebounded the ball and kicked it away from the goal. Such explosive power! Robert took ahold of the ball, dribbling it towards the goal. Suddenly, he was facing Brian. He ran up to Robert, trying to pressure him into giving the ball. Soon, Val noticed that Brian wasn't even aiming to kick the ball! He was just kicking Robert's legs, but not in a way that Ms. Dalia would notice!

Soon, Brian took ahold of the ball, and went for the goal. Adrian tried to stop him, but he gave out a menacing glare that spelled out:

"Stop me and I'll break your kneecaps."

Adrian hopped away from Brian's path of destruction as he shot the ball into the goal.

Blue team gained one point!

"Team huddle!" yelled Jak, frustrated.

...

The red team huddled together.

"We've got to think up of a way to take down Brian's team," said Jak, "I still want to get him back after what he did to me when he first came here. Any ideas?"

"I can use you as a human shield!" smiled Styx.

"Any ideas that don't involve degenerates like you," frowned Jak.

"Hey.." suggested Robert, "Brian kicked my legs a little bit during the last match. I don't think he was even aiming for the ball."

"Playing dirty, eh?" said Jak, "Let's play dirty too."

"Wouldn't that just make us at the same level as them?" asked Adrian.

"Eh, I've done worse."

Match 2 began to start.

Jak dribbled past Carly and began to make his way toward the goal. Kaleb went after Jak, but he passed it to Styx who dribbled it towards the goal. Kaleb kept going after them, but their passes made Kaleb confused and outran his speed. Despite fighting a lot, Styx and Jak worked well as a team.

The duo were nearing the goal, so Val decided to go after them, helping out Kaleb. However, she felt a sharp pain in her shoe. It was like the blades of grass on the field turned into metal spikes! Val checked her pained feet, but noticed that the grass was back to how it was. What just happened? She couldn't have imagined the pain that she was walking on.