Episode 33: Decision

BOOM!

Neos had exploded a Law clone. More and more clones kept coming, ready to decimate the gods that stood before them. Jak traveled around, creating walls to defend his friends as well as create spikes from the ground to pierce the clones. He even changed the material of Law's hands into sponges to prevent him from doing any major attacks.

Jazz teleported from place to place, teleporting knives into the brains of the Law clones and retrieving them. Brian was mind controlling some clones to attack themselves. As this was all happening, Kaleb was zooming around and taking down clones while Val teleported in between people and placed flowers around to avoid danger.

Law kept creating more and more clones, desperate in destroying all of the nuisances before him. Suddenly, he was against Val, who was ready to initiate combat. She threw punches at Law, who quickly dodged them and counterattacked. Val's observation from before the replay aided her, allowing her to remember Law's style of fighting, making sure not to get hit. As this was happening, Law's abilities didn't seem to work on Val.

Soon, Val landed a heavy uppercut on Law, sending him to the skies and falling to the ground with a thud. It didn't seem like he had the strength to get up.

"Stop! Stop!" yelled Law, "I can't do this anymore!"

The clones of Law have all disappeared as Val got closer to Law. The others watched from a distance, ready to help her.

"I've used up too much energy just by creating the clones," explained Law, "My body is aching with fatigue. I haven't fought like this in millennia. I beg of you, please spare me."

"You've caused so much trouble," said Val, "And for what? Perfection and balance? We had to do what we had to do or we all would've died! You can't punish us for trying to live."

"I'm sorry.." replied Law, "..that you had to die in such a crude manner!"

Immediately, six clones jumped from Law's body, kicking Val to the ground and beating her up. She couldn't even think or do anything as they repeatedly abused her. Jazz tried to teleport to Val, but Brian held her arm to stop her. He believed that Val was going to win.

"Leave me alone!" Val yelled.

Razor-like leaves appeared from thin air, circling around Val as they shredded the clones of Law into pieces. She stood up before Law, the leaves still circling her. This ability would later be known as the Emerald Shield. Almost anything that would get too close would perish.

"No!" yelled Law, backing away, "I can't die this way! I'll make you a deal! It'll benefit everyone!"

"And how do I know you're not lying?" asked Val.

"If I make one mistake, you and your gods are allowed to kill me. After all, your abilities have clearly surpassed mine."

Val was ready to listen.

...

"The law shift is automatic," explained Law, "It's always going to trigger whenever something huge happens that disrupts the fabric of reality. In this case, Yuri's death has triggered the law shift, and it tries to find a replacement for Yuri.

Now, as a result, it could take multiple millennia before a replacement worthy enough to fill Yuri's role as a 'god' is found. However, we can cut that short with my deal I'm proposing."

"What deal?" asked Val.

"Valeria Kuro," announced Law, "Would you like to become a 'god' and fill the role of Yuri?"

Val thought about it. She looked over at her friends who were awaiting for her decision. This was going to be the fate of the fabrics of reality.

"I have some conditions," replied Val, "I know it's wrong for me to take advantage of the situation, but I really need it."

"Very well," smiled Law, "What is it that you require? Infinite power? Domination?"

"My friends."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Well, they were supposed to move a few days later because their mission to defeat Yuri was over. I want them to stay for a little while. At least until the end of high school. Can I please have that?"

Law looked at Val, and then stared at the gods. Instead of wishing for anything she'd like, she valued her friends more than her own personal needs.

Law then smiled, "Very well, Valeria Kuro. I see no reason why they shouldn't stay.

From here on out, you are known as Valeria Kuro, the god of Order. Yuri's role has been filled, and the law shifts will stop occurring."

The crew cheered in joy, but Val had one last question to ask of Law.

"Why did you have Yuri try to kill us?" asked Val.

"What do you mean?" replied Law, puzzled.

"Yuri didn't try to kill us for fun. Someone was manipulating her, threatening to kill her if she didn't. There's a greater villain out there."

"I have no idea. However, I will get to you as soon as I can if I find an anomaly."

Val smiled. She knew that everything should work out alright from now on.

Valeria Kuro stared at the entrance of Silver Leaf High School. She began to think back at the crazy moments that had happened before in her life.

You see, Val isn't exactly a normal person. The thing about Val is that all sorts of weird things seem to be attracted to her. Up until now, Val has been homeschooled. The only time she was in actual school was during the fourth grade. Even then, crazy things had occurred.

There was a child trafficking scandal during her time at that school, and the children at that school had began to sell drugs. Can you believe it? Elementary school children selling drugs? It was out of the ordinary, but Val's experience in this school was definitely one of the weirdest moments of her life.

Val then noticed her friends: Kaleb, Neos, Brian, Jazz, Jak, Styx, Adrian, Carly, and Robert waving at her. She waved back happily and ran towards them.

As they talked about their weekends, Val thought to herself:

"Hopefully I can live in a quiet, peaceful life by now."