Chapter Seventeen

17. Word From The Wise

Gilthunder made it past the white walls that surrounded the town before he took off running at full speed. He raced back to the twisted tree she grabbed her necklace and held it out to the tree pressing it against the wood. The tree untwisted showing the world of magical creatures, Gilthunder stepped into the tree, his horn and wings appearing as his glamour didn't work in the world. Magdelena could feel her clothes had changed, she felt the light clothes looking down to see a white fabric which barely covered her chest, and a slit on the left side. Her hair was pulled up in a bun, and she could feel a string of flowers resting on her head. Her face held very little makeup just a little on her eyes, with a long necklace which hung down between her breasts. One hear had a stud of some sort, while the other was a long light metal piece.

"Where is my horn?" she asks not feeling a second chain on her neck.

'You will get it back once you cross back,' Gilthunder assures her as he makes his way deeper into the forest, a few creatures running away or coming out to see who it was, 'Where are we going?'

"To the lake where we first met," she tells him and he takes off running in that direction. They arrive at the lakeside she smiles forgetting how beautiful it was there. She hopes off of Gilthunder who walks with her to the edge of the lake.

'Do you have a plan?' he asks last time she had been expected whereas this time it was a spontaneous visit.

"I think I can make my way to the cave," she says, "Will you be here to meet me in a few hours?"

'I will not leave this lakeside,' he says stamping his foot making her chuckle at the Alicorn.

"You can go visit your tribe," she sees him go to argue but she speaks first, "I will wait if I am finished first." He bows his head before spreading his wings and takes off flying toward the direction they had come from. Magdelena took a deep breath trying to calm her nerves before she waded into the water the cold of the wet was nice against the hot air. She makes her way to the center of the lake no longer able to touch the sandy floor.

She takes a couple of deep breaths, before filling her lungs and heading under the water she swims trying to think of where Waverly had taken her. She swims around but sees no cave, she swims to some rocks touching them, pushing and pulling she can fill her lungs begin to lose air. 

She continues to try, swimming down the line of rocks trying to find an entrance, she sees none, her lungs begin to burn but she ignores the feeling swimming further down the wall of rocks. She feels herself begin to go lightheaded, and begins to swim up but halfway to the surface her mouth opens and her world goes black.

Magdelena wakes up gasping and coughing for air, she is very confused as she can still feel merged in water. She looks around seeing she was laying on a giant clam shaped bed, which was floating in the air - or water. Magdelena goes to move her feet over the edge but is shocked to find a black fishtail with parts that were white. A large fin on both sides of where her thighs used to be, and a large fin at the end which went from black to white which was almost see-through, matching the fins on either side of her.

'We were wondering if you wake up soon,' the familiar voice of Waverly was heard and Magdelena looked away from her tail to the white-haired mermaid whose tail was all white with gold accents but no side fins, 'Come, the Queen wanted you to come speak to her as soon as you were awake.'

Magdelena slowly pushes her self from the bed, she falls but with a kick of her tail she is back next to the bed, 'You may have to help me,' Magdelena admits, Waverly smiles kindly before grabbing her hand and after a few pointers they left the room and headed out into the city, 'Is this Atlantis?' Magdelena could not hide the awe from her voice.