Chapter Thirty-One

31. Turning Things Back 

They arrived at Camelot by midday, the ride was silent with a tense overcoat, they road to the courtyard. Magdelena fears what will happen as she watches Arthur walk through the halls, silent and angry. She walks after him after a while fearing what he plans to do when he gets to Uther. Magdelena arrives at the doors seeing Leon standing there, "Maggie," she walks to the doors but Leon stops her, "No one is-" he is cut off as she knocks him out and she appears on the other side of the door.

"Arthur," she says drawing his attention as they pause in fighting, "You can't kill him."

"Why not? He killed my mother! He has enslaved you!" he says his voice tight as if holding back tears. Uther looks at her shocked to hear he knew that his son was aware of the bond.

"You kill him you kill me," she tells him, "Killing him will not bring Ygraine back, killing him will not make up for all the lives lost, killing him will do nothing but bring you regret and more pain."

Arthur turns to her pulling his sword from Uther who looked slightly relieved, "Do you not hate him? Do you not want him dead?"

"No," she says calmly, "would you like to know why?" she asks walking toward him placing a hand on his shoulder and sending him calming vibes.

"Yes."

"He has acted out because he hates himself," she says, "He knows what he did to Ygraine, he knows what he has done to all those people but he can't stop, he can't admit he was wrong or riots will begin they will try to kill him and overthrow him. He is too far gone to go back."

"How can you-" Arthur can't finish his sentence, "I love you," he says Magdelena looks at him shocked shaking his head slightly, his hand cups her cheek as she goes to pull away but his blue eyes keep her frozen

"Arthur, please she is a servant!" Arthur sword raises to his father once again turning to glare at him with pure hatred, "Arthur? Magdelena?"

"You have hurt her, and me," Arthur says, "I am going to marry her, and you will give us your blessing after everything you have done, to her kind, to me and to my mother."

Uther stared at his son a small amount of pride coming from him, he goes to speak but seeming broken from his trance Magdelena speaks, "Do I not have a say in this?" The two Pendragons turn to look at her as she moves Arthur's hand, "I can't marry you."

"What do you mean? He will do nothing to stop us," Arthur says but Magdelena takes a few steps away, "Mags, what is wrong?" Magdelena says nothing as she turns, running down the halls passing servants and knights, she can hear the calls of the Prince from behind her as she runs stopping in the stables at Gilthunder who questions her.

The blonde Prince runs to her stopping to take a few deep breaths, "I hope should what I am about to do come to light, you realize that I did it for you and for Camelot," she says jumping on her horse and looking down at him. Arthur grabs her hand bringing her down into a soft but quick kiss, "Forgive me Arthur." she says pulling away and racing from the stables.

'Where are we going?' Gilthunder asks as they run to the edge of the forest.

"Take me to Morgause," she says and Gilthunder removes his glamour spreading his wings as he takes off in flight heading back to the waterfall, he doesn't land but flies through the waterfall soaking both of them as they fly around the castle trying to spot the woman. Magdelena has Gilthunder land, and she walks quickly through the castle.

"Lady Morgause! Lady Morgause!" Magdelena calls out as she walks upstairs down halls peaking in rooms, "Lady Morgause! Lady-" she stops as she spots the woman in red with her blonde hair falling down her back. 

"Maggie, I was not expecting you until tonight," Morgause says walking to embrace Magdelena, "You haven't come just to see me have you?"

"I am afraid not my lady," Magdelena says, "I need your help. Prince Arthur plans to marry me, Uther can do nothing. I wanted to tell you I am changing what has happened."

"Are you not aware of your future with the Prince?" Morgause says implying that she knew what was seen in the future, "No one can deny the future from happening, no more than-"

"I am aware but it is too soon, Arthur needs more time and can't hate his father for things to fall into place," Magdelena says, "Please help me change the past to save our future."

"What do I get in turn? I am aware of how the tables will turn against me," Morgause says staring at the woman.

"What is it you want? You must have something in mind," Magdelena says staring at the woman.

"I want you to become my apprentice," she says, "You come to me every three days, you will become a Priestess, I will teach you sword fight."

"I can agree to that," she says, "That seems a very small thing to ask of me for what I am asking of you Lady Morgause."

"When the  time I right I shall ask another thing of you," Morgause says staring at Magdelena, "and you must do as I ask."

"Very well," Magdelena says, "Shall we begin the ritual now?"

They begin to bring candles setting them up in a swirling design in the middle stood Magdelena who watched as Morgause set up the last candle before taking her spot next to Magdelena in the center. Magdelena closed her eyes for a moment take a deep breath before grabbing Morgause's hand as they began to chant in a language older than the castle they stood in. The wind picked up before freezing before it began to go backward. Magdelena watched the world rewind going through everything as she went back to when they arrive at the castle for Arthur to take on his task.

Quickly keeping Morgause quiet about the bond between Uther and Magdelena, the scene continued as they rode back to Camelot. This time Magdelena made sure that she did not go to Uther and Arthur instead allowed her brother. Once she opened her eyes everything fell into place, "It is done," she says, "thank you for your help Lady Morgause."

"I expect you in three days my apprentice," Morgause says, "I hope this future is better than the one you changed it from." Morgause walks away from the girl, who stands in the center of the circle before she walks from the spot knocking down a few candles in the process making her way back to Gilthunder.

'You have made a great sacrifice Magdelena,' Gilthunder says putting up his glamour as they walked into the lower town, while she slightly hangs her head, 'The webs we weave are dangerous child, especially when we get caught in the midst of two sides.' They arrive at the stables and she places him in his stall grabbing his face and hugging it.

"Thank you Gilthunder," she whispers into his ear before she walks off toward the palace. Upon entering she walks to Uther's chambers grabbing some of his boots and a brush with some polish as she begins to polish them.

"Your brother has helped Camelot in its fight against magic," Magdelena nods slightly at the words of Uther before going about her work slightly distracted.