2.

Layla's POV.

"Is that fucking necessary?" I groaned, pulling the blanket up to cover my face.

Nothing I hate more than someone barging into the room and opening the curtains like they don't see me sleeping over here.

"It's literally almost 12 midday." Camila pointed out.

"Yeah, and?"

"So you need to get your butt up."

I groaned before rolling my eyes, removing the covers off me. "Literally can't have one day of peace around here."

She only chuckled, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. "Hurry downstairs or breakfast will get cold."

I stood up, made my bed before dragging my way to the bathroom to freshen up. This was supposed to be my vacation - where I'd sleep till sunset if I wanted to.

After almost an hour of getting ready, I finally made my way downstairs and to the kitchen where I found Camila busy on her phone.

"Where are your parents?" I casually asked as I took a seat on one of the kitchen stools before eating my breakfast.

"At their place." She said.

"What do you mean at their place?"

"I mean at their place."

"Well then whose place is this?" I asked in confusion.

"Mine."

"They let you move out and have your own place?" I pouted. Her parents have literally always been so laid back compared to mine. Even if we wanted to go somewhere back in High School, we'd always ask them instead of mine.

Even with me being almost done with my first year in college, my mom still treats me like I'm 12.

She nodded, still not taking her attention away from her phone.

"Not fair." I muttered. "I wish I was 21 already."

"Soon enough." She shot me a playful wink. Soon enough my behind, that's literally 2 years away.

Before I could say anything, I hear a light knock on the front door and Mila gets up to go open it. I continued with my breakfast, still kind of salty about the fact that I just had to have such a lame parent. I mean-

"Hey." Someone spoke up, cutting my thoughts short.

I looked up, my eyes landing on a face I've never seen before. Obviously. It was a guy and he was quite tall and also quite slim. And even though I'm not exactly a huge fan of like full on beards, his one suited him quite well.

He was cute, to say the least.

"Hey." I responded, throwing him a polite smile.

My eyes travelled to Camila who had just walked into the kitchen as well, casually continuing with the conversation. I just raised my eyebrows at her.

"Oh right." She said when she realised what I meant. "Joe, this is Layla Torres. And Layla, this is Joseph Gomez. But you can just call him Joe." She introduced us.

"Nice to finally meet you. Cami doesn't shut up about you." He chuckled.

I smirked, glancing at my best friend who simply rolled her eyes. "Nice meeting you too. I didn't think I'd be meeting any of Mila's friends from around here so soon."

"Yeah," Camila trailed off. "He's actually my boyfriend."

My mouth opened to form an O shape. "Oh, of course he is." I nodded to myself. "Sorry, she's never exactly told me about you." I shrugged.