20.

~

~

Layla's POV

I stood up, making my way to where Camila was standing, busy tying her hair up. We were currently at the pool, where the guys were doing their therapy but after that was done, they decided to just hang around and swim for a while since they were free for the rest of the day - and of course I couldn't refuse Jadon's offer for me to join him. I felt even better when I came here and found Camila as well.

"Hey." I spoke up, causing her to turn around.

"Hi."

"Do you have a minute? I was hoping that we could-"

"No." She cut me off. "I don't have a minute."

"Come on Mila, I just-" She didn't even allow me to finish my sentence since she just walked away and went to join the others in the pool.

I quietly sighed, watching her laugh at whatever joke was said as if she didn't just rudely cut me off. Not that I was surprised though because she's always been head strong.

Deciding that I needed some time alone, away from all these bad vibes, I left the scene - telling Jadon I'll be back in a minute, and went to get myself some water.

I frowned when I reached there, my eyes landing on someone who was also getting themselves a bottle of water.

"Hey." I said softly, as I approached him.

He didn't even bother to look at me as he grabbed his water before turning to walk away.

"So what, everyone is just done with me now?" I asked, trying to hide the strain in my voice. "You too? You're ignoring me still?"

I could hear him sigh before he turned around to face me. "You told me how you felt so I'm respecting your wishes, that's all."

"But Trent I didn't-"

"I meant it when I said I was done interfering."

"I didn't ask you to completely ignore my existence but you've been doing exactly that for the past I don't know how many days." I pointed out.

"Didn't you ask me to leave you alone?" He questioned. His tone was bored, making it beyond obvious that he wasn't interested in talking to me right now.

"Yeah but I didn't mean it like that and you know it!" I protested.

"I honestly don't care what you meant. You said it. It's always you and your feelings, always about what you want. Like my feelings don't matter."

"Trent that's not true." I said quietly. I really wasn't in the mood to argue with him, or anyone, today.

"As far as I'm concerned, you made your choice. And you did so without taking my feelings into consideration."

Just as he turned to walk away, I reached out to grab his arm. "No Trent, wait. I know you probably don't give a shit but I do, okay? I miss you. This thing of you avoiding me is just unnecessary."

"You know Layla, I don't fucking get you." He started.

"Why are you getting mad?" I quickly said, cutting him off.

"Why am I getting mad?" He chuckled bitterly. "Are you seriously asking me that question? I can't deal with all this indecisiveness! One minute you're telling me to fuck off then the next you're in my face with all that 'I miss you' bullshit. Stop playing, if you want me just say it."

"I-"

"Oh Layla!"

I turned around to see Dele cheerfully walking over to where we were standing before casually throwing his arm over my shoulder and nodding at Trent.

"You got your water?" He questioned and I nodded, lifting my hand up to show him the bottle.

"Okay, well we should probably go back to the pool now. You know Jadon literally starts malfunctioning if you're away from him for like a minute." Dele chuckled, evidently unaware of the fact that he was interrupting.

I could see Trent shaking his head and rolling his eyes as he turned to walk away from Dele and I. And it really did take everything in me not to call out for him.

I shoot Dele the fakest smile I could master and we make our way back to the pool.

I literally put myself in such a predicament.

~