6.

Layla's POV.

I couldn't help the smile that made its way to my face as I watched Joe and Camila having fun and playing like toddlers in the pool.

I wasn't in the mood to swim yet so I just put only my feet in. It's only been like 2 days since we've been here but those 2 days have probably been the best ones yet.

"Okay we get it, you guys are in love. Get over it." I remarked to the two that couldn't even keep their hands off of each other for like 2 minutes.

"Am I sensing some sort of jealousy around here?" Mila smirked causing me to roll my eyes.

"Please. You two are literally the last people I could ever be jealous of." I scoffed.

She just chuckled, splashing me with water before turning to her boyfriend and they went back to their little love bubble.

"They make you wish you had somebody too, don't they?" Someone spoke up behind me.

Even though I've only heard that voice only a couple of times, there was still no way I could miss it.

"Don't even start with me. What makes you think I don't have someb-" I turned around but when my eyes landed on the view that was in front of me, I suddenly was out of words. My jaw literally dropped.

Holy shit.

Trent stood there, in just his shorts and he seemed to be doing something on his phone. Did I use that chance to actually check him out? Of course I did! Don't tell me you wouldn't.

What confused me though was the fact that I've literally seen almost every guy around here shirtless - even Virgil - and it really didn't seem to bother me at all until, well, this guy showed up.

"You were saying?" He looked up from his phone.

I found myself staring at him and I wasn't quick enough to look away when he noticed. I slightly blushed causing him to smirk.

I turned around, completely ignoring him or his presence because I was certainly in no mood for his cocky self today.

He didn't say anything either - which I was grateful for - as he jumped inside the pool as well, causing a lot of water to splash on me and it took all the self control I had to not react to that.

I may always find something to whine about but to be honest, even though I don't know everyone here that well, being here, with them... It just felt right, in a way.

My gaze moved from Joe who was now with Virgil, to Jordan who was talking to Trent on the other end. Hendo's laugh was so contagious that even though I had zero clue what they were talking about, I found myself slightly laughing as well. He literally had the worst laugh.

After a while, I got up, volunteering to go get drinks for everyone since I was the only one not inside the pool anyway.

"So what, now you're following me?" I questioned when I saw Trent approaching me.

"Thought you might need some help." He shrugged.

I was gonna protest but I realized that he was right. I wasn't gonna be able to carry that many drinks on my own.

"You could've just told Camila to come help me instead."

"You don't want me near you that much?" He asked which made me kind of feel bad. I mean, ever since I met Trent, I've literally never given him the time of day.

"It's not that I don't want you near me, I just don't want you near me looking like that." I muttered, pointing at his shirtless and dripping wet torso.

He bit his lip before letting out a pretty heartwarming laugh and I internally swooned because first of all, his laugh was literally so precious and secondly his abs looked even better when he laughed.

But I'd never tell him that.

"Oh, so me being shirtless bothers you?" He asked, a small smirk playing on his lips as he stepped closer to me.

It's literally the little things that this guy does that just, somehow, leave me breathless.

I shook my head, snapping out of it. "Like I said before, don't flatter yourself. You don't have the slightest effect on me."

"You know, your mouth says one thing. But your eyes, they give you away every time." He chuckled. "But okay. Whatever you say, Layla."

And with that, he grabbed a few drinks and headed back to the others, making sure that I knew that he now knows my name since I refused to tell him a few days back.

I swear he really needs to chill because I might fuck around and actually catch feelings for real.

And that's the last thing I want.

~

~

Please vote & comment xx